Consumer Bill of Rights
Consumers in the State of Nevada have the right to:
- Receive competent professional cosmetology services;
- Verify the names, titles and credentials of cosmetology professionals providing services;
- Receive clear explanations of the cosmetology services offered and the cost of the services;
- Refuse any cosmetology services offered;
- Be treated with courtesy and respect;
- Verify information on complaints that have resulted in final action against a licensee; and
- File a complaint with the Nevada State Board of Cosmetology regarding a cosmetology establishment, cosmetology school, licensee, or an unlicensed person performing cosmetology services.
NOTE: The Board cannot recommend a business, product, or resolve complaints that are not related to health, safety, or unsafe practices.
Need to file a consumer complaint? Please complete the online Consumer Complaint Form.