Created By Scott Hensley - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our government is considering an amendment to the current law barring children from entering the workforce before the age of 15. The topic is controversial in nature and many people see the benefits of such an act. In fact, your own parents believe you should quit school and begin to work for the family business, helping out instead of attending classes all day.
You and your partner are assigned the task of creating a propagandist Google Slide presentation which persuades others to fight against the amendment under consideration.
TASK 1 - Photo Analysis
View photographs about child labor in the United States. Complete a photo analysis for one chosen photo using the analysis form to the right.
Access the following link. http://www.historyplace.com/unitedstates/childlabor
Read the background Info on Child Labor
TASK 2 - Poetry
TASK 2 - Part A
Read the poem titled "The Flower Factory" that was written about child workers.
Using your headphones: listen to the next poem by clicking below
Answer the questions below.
TASK 3 - Child Labor In Bangladesh - Video Analysis
Documentary videos are an effective way to educate others about a topic. View the following documentary before completing the attached motion picture analysis worksheet.
Click on Bangladesh: Child Labor. The film lasts approximately 20 minutes. Consider the following as you view…
1. Is there another s to the topic of child labor?
2. What would you do if you were one of these children born under such circumstances?
3. What is the consequence for the children according to this film, if the western world (us) does not support clothing manufacturers unless they stop using child laborers?
Task 4 - Create Google Presentation
Now that you have done some research on the issues surrounding child labor, it is time to act.
Create 6 slides which inform, entertain, and persuade others to act before it is too late
- CREATE SLIDE 1 IN A POWERPOINT DOC. THE SLIDE SHOULD CONTAIN A CATCHY TITLE, A PICTURE TO ILLUSTRATE YOUR VIEWPOINT ALONG WITH PERTINENT FACTS SURROUNDING THE ISSUES OF CHILD LABOR. (HIT THEM HARD ON THE OPENING).
- SLIDE 2 SHOULD CONTINUE BY EXPANDING ON THE TOPIC. INCLUDE A DETAILED CHART OR GRAPH WHICH CLEARLY REPRESENTS THE CURRENT TRENDS.
- SLIDE 3 SHOULD DETAIL WHAT WILL HAPPEN HERE IN AMERICA IF THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD FAVOR THE AMENDMENT AND MIGHT INCLUDE A CARTOON, SHORT STORY OF ONE CHILD, A LINK TO A FILM THE CLASS SHOULD WATCH, ETC.
- SLIDE 4 SHOULD SHOW ANOTHER GRAPH OR CHART AND EXPLAIN IN DETAIL WHAT IT REPRESENTS. THIS SLIDE SHOULD FINALIZE YOUR EXPLANATION OF CHILD LABOR AND YOUR VIEWPOINT.
- SLIDE 5 BEGINS TO WRAP UP BY STRONGLY EMPHASIZING YOUR VIEW WITH AN IMAGE (POWERFUL IMAGE) AND A FEW SIMPLE WORDS. ALSO, BEGIN TO RELATE WHAT WE CAN DO TO HELP THE CAUSE.
- SLIDE 6 CONTAINS WEBSITES WHERE MORE INFO CAN BE OBTAINED.