Overview of Team Members and Responsibilities
How to Form SOTs_Segment 1_SOT_Overview.mp4
- Meet monthly while school is in session.
- Provide assistance and advice to the principal of the school to develop the plan of operation, which includes the school budget and the School Performance Plan.
- Provide continued assistance and advice to the principal of the school in carrying out the Plan of Operation.
- Assist in the discussion of any additional authority to be transferred to the schools to carry out responsibilities.
- Assist with the selection of the next principal whenever a vacancy occurs in the position of principal for the school.
For more information, refer to the School Organizational Team overview document below.
02-School Organizational Team Overview 2017-18.pdf
02b-School Organizational Team Overview 2017-18_SPANISH.pdf
Possible Compositions for SOT Membership:
- Voting members: licensed staff, education support professionals, parents/legal guardians
- Non-voting members: principal, student (at the secondary level), community member(s)
- The principal decides how many licensed staff will serve on the Team (between 2 and 4 members) based on school needs. This determines how many educational support professionals and parents will serve on the Team. The number of parents/guardians on the Team will equal the combined total number of licensed staff and education support professionals.
- If 2-3 licensed staff are on the Team, the Team will include 1 education support professional.
- If 4 licensed staff are on the Team, the Team will include 2 education support professionals.