Future Meetings of the SOT
Many of the considerations from the the first School Organizational Team meeting will become ongoing requirements or best practices for all future Team meetings. These crucial elements will ensure all schools follow the same practices and guidelines and will provide consistency throughout the District.
Requirements for All SOT Meetings
- The SOT must meet monthly while school is in session.
- Meetings must occur outside of licensed and support staff contract time.
- The date, time, location, and meeting agenda must be posted on the school website at least 3 working days in advance.
- All meetings must be open to the public and include time for public comment.
- In accordance with the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), confidential student information should never be shared publicly.
- A quorum is required in order to vote to take action on an item.
- A quorum means that the majority of SOT members are present.
- An action is any recommendation the SOT makes to the school principal regarding the Plan of Operation.
- The SOT should consider how to meet the needs of non-English speaking parents and community members during the meeting.
Sample Agenda for a future meeting
The sample agenda below provides an example of the items that might be discussed at a typical SOT meeting. The example items on the agenda are for reference only; agenda items will vary greatly depending on the needs of your school.