Board of School Trustees Guiding Principles
All students progress in school and graduate prepared to succeed and contribute in a diverse global society.
- All students can achieve, learn, and succeed irrespective of their circumstances.
- Students share responsibility for their learning.
- Each student is entitled to an excellent education that meets his or her individual learning needs.
- All students who are willing to work hard have the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and beliefs necessary to reach their full potential, to succeed, and to contribute in a diverse global society.
The Board identifies the following strategic imperatives for student achievement:
Academic Excellence: Literacy across all subject areas pre-k through 12th-grade
Engagement: Parent, student, community, and employee engagement in learning
School Support: Focused support, preparation, training, and resources for staff in the schools
Clarity and Focus: Fiscal and data transparency, accountability, and strategic oversight
FOCUS AREAS AND GOALS
We track our progress of goals aligned to seven areas of focus:
- Elevate the percent of proficient students in assessed subjects and grades.
- Demonstrate upwardly trending growth in student assessments.
- Narrow gaps in assessments and graduation rates among students with diverse backgrounds, including:
- English Language Learners
- Economic challenges
- Students with disabilities.
College and Career Readiness
- Prepare all students for college and career.
- Enhance workplace skills and character traits.
Value/Return on Investment
- Expand programs and practices that demonstrate value/return on investment.
- Eliminate programs and practices that do not demonstrate value/return on investment.
- Decrease the disproportionality of both students and adults with diverse ethnicities who participate in advanced programs, secure jobs in our District and face disciplinary outcomes.
Family/Community Engagement and Customer Service
- Engage parents and families as advocates for academic achievement and lifelong learning through effective communication.
- Create a culture that aligns business, government and nonprofit resources around the needs of children and families to support students.
- Provide high-quality customer service.
- Ensure a safe learning environment for all students.