Dignity for All Students
The North Syracuse Central School District will not tolerate bullying or harassment of any sort!
You should feel safe at school and at school activities. The words and actions of others should not keep you from concentrating on your schoolwork. Everyone is different, and no one should be harassed or threatened because of their race, color, weight, national origin (where your family comes from), ethnic group, religion, religious practices, disability, sexual orientation, gender, or sex. It is against school rules for anyone to make you feel threatened or unsafe, or for you to do the same to anyone else. The Dignity for All Students Act protects you and helps everyone feel safe at school so they can learn.
On the left side of this website, you will see additional information and resources about The Dignity for All Students Act and resources that you can use.
What is the North Syracuse Central School District doing to prevent bullying?
The North Syracuse Central School District is working to improve anti-bullying procedures and staff training, and ensuring that our schools are ready to meet the additional requirements of the NY Dignity for All Students Act, which took effect on July 1, 2012.
We are committed to providing an educational and working environment that promotes respect, dignity and equality for all students, staff and parents.
Our policies condemn and prohibit all forms of discrimination, such as harassment, hazing and bullying on school grounds, on school buses, at school bus pick-up sites, and at all school sponsored activities, programs and events.
The North Syracuse Central School District needs everyone to speak up when they see bullying taking place. As our children grow, mature, and learn to understand the impact of their words and actions on others, they need to receive a consistent message that certain words and certain behaviors are not acceptable.
Our schools cannot effectively address bullying if incidents are not reported. Anyone (including students) who feels that he or she has been bullied or harassed, who wants to report an incident of someone else being bullied, or who has questions on this topic should contact the relevant school Anti-Bullying Coordinator.
North Syracuse Central School District DASA Coordinators
- Allen Road Elementary School - Dave Lunden (315/218-2300)
- KWS Bear Road Elementary School - John Cole (315/218-2400)
- Cicero Elementary School - Kathy Wheeler (315/218-2500)
- Lakeshore Road Elementary School - John Lawrence (315/218-2600)
- Roxboro Road Elementary School - Matthew Motala (315/218-2700)
- Smith Road Elementary School - Gregory Stone (315/218-2800)
- Gillette Road Middle School - Dave Cordone (315/218-3002)
- Roxboro Road Middle School - Michele Costello (315/218-3302)
- North Syracuse Junior High School - Connee Turose (315/218-3602)
- Cicero-North Syracuse High School - Jamie Sullivan (315/218-4101)
- Early Education Program at Main Street School - Dawn Hussein (315/218-2200)