1. School will be in session Monday, 2/18. This is a snow make-up day.
2. TODAY, Friday, 2/15, is the LAST day to sign up for the FFA sponsored Corn Hole Tourney that will be played next week during Engage. If interested, please sign up at lunches with either Mr. Geeser or Mr. Carnes.
3. FFA week is February 18 through February 22 and to celebrate FFA they will have the following dress up days and lunch activities:
- Monday - Dress up day - Meme day; Lunch activity - Milk chug contest
- Tuesday - Dress up day - Tacky tourist; Lunch activity - Hot dog eating contest
- Wednesday - Dress up day - Wild West Wednesday; Lunch activity - Marshmallow game
- Thursday - Dress up day - Offical Dress/blue & gold day; Lunch activity - Hungry hippo game
- Friday - Dress up day - Freedom/Flannel Friday; Lunch activity - Kahoot
4. The Spring Musical "Seussical the Musical" will be held on Friday, 3/15 and Saturday, 3/16 at 7:00 p.m. and on Sunday, 3/17 at 3:00 p.m. Tickets are $7 for adults and $5 for students (at the door). Children 3 and under free.
5. There will be a Parent Meeting for incoming freshmen on Monday, 2/25, and Wednesday, 2/27, from 6-7 p.m.
6. The first rehearsal for "Seussical the Musical" will be Monday, 2/18, at 5:30 p.m. in the choir room.
1. Meetings on Friday, 2/15, during Engage:
- GSA - room 102
- Key Club - room 120
Meetings on Monday, 2/18, during Engage:
- FCA - room 202
Meetings on Monday, 2/25, during Engage:
- PEP Club - auditorium
- FCA - room 202
Prom Committee will meet every Wednesday (until Prom) after school in Room 105.
2. Donate new or slightly used shoes, now through April 15th. The donation box is located outside the school office doors. Make a difference and donate any shoes. Active shoes are in greatest need. Feel free to sign your name on the box when you donate. To learn more how you can be involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Youth Philanthropy Night will be held on Thursday, March 7th, at Almost Home in Greencastle between the hours of 5:00 - 9:00 p.m. Local students and youth leaders will be the servers and all tips will support the Putnam County Youth Philanthropy Endowment.
4. Red Cross will be having a spring blood drive on Tuesday, 3/19, at the HS. More details will follow.
5. The 2019 Share the Dress/Prom Dress Giveaway will be held on Saturday, 3/2, from 1-4:00 p.m. and Sunday, 3/3, from 1-3:00 p.m. at the Cloverdale Christian Church. All HS junior and senior girls are invited. Must bring school ID.
6. "Spring Spectacle of Shakespeare" is coming !!! Be in a Shakespeare play directed by DePauw students and performed at DePauw's Moore Theatre. Information nights are: Wednesday, 2/20; and Friday, 2/22 after school until 5:00 p.m. at the HS stage. If you have questions, contact Mr. Lafever in the choir room at the HS.
7. Senior night for winter athletes, pep band, choir and guard team participants will be held on Friday, 2/22.
8. If you are attending the Winter Formal, permission forms and guest request forms need to be turned into the office or room 120. Don't forget to get your tickets. The cost is $15 or only $10 if you bring in 5 canned food items.
9. The next PIE Breakfast will be Friday, March 1st, at AREA 30. This is a change of location. Interested students need to sign up in guidance.
Monday, 2/18 - Pasta & breadstick, chicken patty sandwich, green beans
Tuesday, 2/19 - Fish sandwich, taco pizza, cheeseburger, chicken ranch wrap, buttered corn
Wednesday, 2/20 - Bosco sticks, pepperoni pizza, spicy chicken patty sandwich, ham chef salad, buttered peas
Thursday, 2/21 - Popcorn chicken, cheeseburger pizza, chicken patty sandwich, ham & turkey sub, glazed carrots
Friday, 2/22 - Breakfast burrito, cheeseburger, turkey & cheese sub, Kick Pinto beans
College and/or Military Visits
1. Family Support Services - Friday, 2/22 - lunches - cafeteria
1. Putnam County Board of Realtors Scholarship - apply online at http://putnamcountyboardofrealtors.com/scholarships/ This scholarship is for seniors majoring in accounting, finance, real estate, construction or law. Due March 15, 2019.
2. Society of Plastics Engineers Joseph B. Williams Memorial Scholarship - $1,000 scholarship. Students must have a 2.8 GPA, be enrolling in a 2 or 4 year college, and be majoring in one of the following: chemistry, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, design technolocy, polymer engineer, packaging engineering, etc. Other majors may be considered. Due April 15th, 2019. E-mail Mrs. Alspaugh for application.
3. Invested Indiana Scholarship - $1,000 random scholarship drawing from INvested Indiana! Simply go to investedindiana.org/1000 to enter. Open to all seniors. Open until June 18, 2019.
4. University of Southern Indiana Scholarship - $3,000 scholarship for seniors who have a 3.25 GPA and plan to attend USI. Apply online at www.alumni.usi.edu/gis2019 Due March 8th, 2019.
5. Several scholarships are available at www.indianalegion.org
6. Co-Alliance is offering its Solutions Scholarship. Twenty (20) students will be recipients of a one-time $1,000 scholarship based on the following:
- They plan on graduating this spring
- Their parents or grandparents are members of one of our five member co-ops (Midland, Impact, LaPorte, Frontier or Excel)
- They will study agriculture in college
- The strength of a 500 word minimum essay on the topic "What Agriculture Means to you and Why you've chosen it as an area of study."
- Include a recent HS transcript in order for your application to be considered complete
- The application can be found at www.co-alliance.com. The deadline is March 1, 2019.
7. The Putnam County Farm Bureau Scholarship application is now open online at infb.org. Students click on the “Resources” tab, then it can be found on the 2nd page of the “Grants and Scholarships” page. To be eligible, you must be the child of a Putnam County Farm Bureau, Inc. member and membership in the Putnam County Farm Bureau must have been carried for at least two years prior to the application for such scholarship and must be in good standing at the time of presentation. She/he must be a high school senior enrolled in an approved/accredited college or university or be a full-time student attending an approved/accredited college or university. Due March 1st.
Any questions, please contact Heather Poynter, Putnam County Education and Outreach Coordinator at 765-720-7264 or email@example.com
8. Indiana Association for the Gifted Scholarship - $2,000 scholarship for college bound seniors. Application and requirements are online at http://www.lag-online.org/Awards%20and%20Scholarships/scholarships/ Due March 29th.
9. Indiana Sheriffs Association Scholarship - 40 - $750 scholarships will be given. For students pursuing an education and career in a law enforcement field at an Indiana college or university. All applicants must be a current member of the Indiana Sheriffs Association or child or grandchild of a current member. Students can become a member as part of the application for $24. Due April 1st. Applications are in the guidance office.
10. LSC Communications Scholarship - for students whose parent is an employee at LSC Communications in Crawfordsville. E-mail Mrs. Alspaugh for the application. Due March 29th.
11. Cedric Ray Memorial Scholarship:
Every year Endeavor Communications offers the Cedric Ray Memorial Scholarship to eligible high school seniors. To be eligible for the $1,500 scholarship, students must live with their parent or guardian who is a member of Endeavor Communications and maintains their primary residence telephone service in an exchange served by Endeavor Communications. We give 12 of these scholarships.
To apply, please Click Here to download the Cedric Ray Memorial Scholarship Application. Completed applications must be received by Endeavor Communications by 5:00 pm on March 8, 2019.
12. Foundation for Rural Services Scholarship:
The Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) was established in 1994 and, through its partnership with NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association, promotes, educates and advocates rural telecommunications issues to the public in order to sustain and enhance the quality of life within communities throughout rural America. In keeping with its mission, furthering the education of rural youth is a primary focus of the foundation. Our company, Clay County Rural Telephone Cooperative, Inc. d/b/a Endeavor Communications, is a member of NTCA and is proud to support FRS in this worthy endeavor. The Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) offers an annual college scholarship program to help further higher education among rural youth. FRS awards a one-time $2,500 scholarship to students from rural America for their first year of college, university or vocational-technical school.
For more information about the FRS scholarship, please visit www.frs.org.
13. Quail Forever - $1,000 scholarship. All graduating seniors are welcome to apply. Applications are in the guidance office, or you can email Mrs. Alspaugh for an application.
14. Delta Theta Tau Scholarship - two $800 scholarships. Any female Senior in Putnam County may apply. Email Mrs. Alspaugh for an application. Due April 12th.