NES Preschool Program
The Preschool Program at Northbridge Elementary School is an integrated program that serves 3 and 4 year old children. The goal of the program is to build self-esteem, encourage creative thinking and develop social interaction.
- The program is language based and incorporates developmentally appropriate practices. Children learn skills through play and hands-on activities. A strong emphasis is placed on language development.
- Each integrated preschool classroom is staffed with a Massachusetts certified teacher and teaching assistants. In addition to the classroom teachers, a full-time speech and language pathologist, school adjustment counselor, and nurse are on staff.
- Our curriculum is aligned to Massachusetts Common Core Standards to best prepare students for kindergarten.
- We use a tiered system of instruction to support all students which provides additional instruction for students who do not exhibit mastery of a skill.
- Support from NPTA--offering in-school programs (music, animals, etc).