Third Grade with Mr. Long
1. Our Smithsonian Museum (Information book sharing) will be this Thursday, January 17, from 9:00 - 10:00 in the classroom. The event is round-robin style, meaning you can come and go as you have time during that hour, visiting the authors at their desks and checking out their amazing information books. We hope you can join us!
2. We will finish the spelling bee (hopefully!) on Monday, January 14. We have two remaining contestants, and we simply ran out of time to finish on Friday!
3. We have PE on A days. This week's A day is Wednesday, January 16.
4. Our quiz over the SOUND study will be on Wednesday, January 16. A study guide is posted on the Study Guides tab.
5. Students have been introduced to January's poem to memorize, "The Yak". The poem is posted on the Poetry Memory Work tab.
6. It's winter...and the weather is getting a bit colder! Please be sure your child is coming to school with hats and gloves! Many scholars were not prepared for the colder weather and are going to recess less equipped than they should be.
7. The Battle of the Books event will be held on Tuesday, January 15, at 2:15 in the gym. Parents are invited to watch! Due to the event, there will be NO math class on Tuesday.