Food and Nutrition
Hi everyone! Welcome to another year of "Food and Nutrition!" :D My name is Winter Gardner, and I'm your 17-18 Student Council Librarian. In this article, I will be showing you how to prepare a healthy meal and put a healthy menu into action while telling you stories about preparing food. In addition, I will feature one recipe each month and explain how to make it.
This month, I chatted with Love Joy about her cooking experiences. One of her hobbies is cooking, and she began when she was about 4 or 5 years old. Love started cooking with her mom and over the years has taken on more challenging recipes. Love says, "I just love cooking. I find it a lot of fun to do."
Within the last month, Love made Ranch Cheddar Chicken along with potatoes, broccoli, and garlic bread for her family. The chicken was a resounding success, and everyone thought it was delicious. :D
Original Ranch Cheddar Chicken
1 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - rinsed and patted dry
1/4 cup seasoned panko Japanese-style bread crumbs
1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Pour the Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing into a large bowl.
3. Add the chicken to the bowl of dressing and mix until the chicken is evenly coated.
4. In a shallow bowl, add the breadcrumbs, cheddar, and parmesan cheeses and stir until well combined.
5. Dredge each breast in the bread crumb and cheese mixture.
6. Arrange the chicken on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Bake the chicken for 20 to 25 minutes until the chicken is crisp and an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached.
That's all for this month! Special thanks to Love Joy for being my interviewee.
See you next month!