Fieldstone Middle School Bands
News and Announcements:
News and Announcements:
- The window for completing playing test #1 closes on November 9th, which is the end of Quarter 1. If you have not passed it yet, or would like to improve your score from passing (90%) to a 100%, please schedule a time to do so soon.
- Jazz Band is ongoing, please attend rehearsals on Tuesdays during 9th period (after school) if you would like to participate.
- NR Music apparel order forms are due this Wednesday, October 31st. If you would like any NR Music apparel, please complete the order form and submit your money by Halloween.
- The Jazz Band Field Trip to Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York City is this Friday, November 2nd from 10:15am to 2:30pm.
- 8th Graders have a morning performance on Wednesday, November 14th at 7:30am. Please arrange a ride for your child in order to participate in this important Veteran's Day Concert.
- 8th Graders who want to go see Aladdin on Broadway on March 6th need to complete the permission slip and bring $80 to Mrs. Lang.
- Playing Test #1 was taken in class last week. All playing tests are performed as a "Pass-off," meaning students attempt until they correctly play the assignment. In the Infinite Campus Gradebook, a PASS = 90%, FAIL = M (missing), and a SUPERIOR = 100% with the opportunity to retake a test anytime during the remainder of the marking period. If you do not pass the first time, or would like to play for a Superior Rating (100%), schedule a time with Mr. Orban for a retake before or after school, during lessons, during lunch, or during Mr. Orban's prep. Full credit will be awarded after successful completion of the test. The end of Quarter 1 is November 9th.
- Band books are in! All classes are using the Sound Innovations Books in class daily (7th Grade Book 1, 8th Grade Book 2). If your child ordered and paid, books were distributed in class. If you still have not acquired the book, you must do so ASAP or your student will fall behind in class.
- The first playing test is taking place this week Thursday and Friday (Oct 11-12). Students must play #188 Bb Scale individually for assessment in class.
- Jazz Band has started! If you are still interested in joining Jazz Band, please attend rehearsals on Tuesdays during 9th Period (2:50pm-3:30pm).
- North Rockland Music Apparel forms have been distributed in class. If you are interested in purchasing any NR Music clothing, fill out the form and submit the appropriate money by November 1st.
- The next PAPA meeting is October 23rd, 7PM @NRHS.
- At-home practice:
- 7th Graders should be working on notes and rhythms for "The Golden Eagle March" and #188 in Sound Innovations Book 1.
- 8th Graders should be working on notes and rhythms for "The Thunderer March" and #188 in Sound Innovations Book 2.
- Book orders have been submitted. If you did not turn in the form, you will have to purchase the book on your own. Please look in the resources section for vendors or ask Mr. Orban if you need assistance.
- Music Handbook agreements should be turned in. Next week they will be listed as missing in Infinite Campus until I receive the form.
- All classes are now playing! Please bring in your instruments to each class with the necessary supplies. Students who are unprepared will not earn full credit for their participation grade.
- Lessons begin next week. Please make sure you receive a lesson schedule from Mr. Orban on Monday or Tuesday.
- Jazz Band rehearsal has begun! Jazz meets every Tuesday after school during 9th period from 2:50-3:30pm.
- Handbook Agreements have been passed out in class. Please review the Handbook and return form during your next Band class.
- Begin bringing instruments the week of September 17th. Please collect all necessary accessories (i.e. reeds) by your first class that week.
- The first PAPA (Performing Arts Parents Association) meeting is Tuesday, September 18th at 7:30pm @NRHS Auditorium. Please consider volunteering or donating to support music in our schools!
- We will be using the Sound Innovations Band Method Book this year. 7th Grade Book 1, 8th Grade Book 2. Please purchase the book for your instrument from an online vendor, local music store, or bring in $10 to Mr. Orban for the class order.