SAP & GSAP FAQ
This portal is designed to provide new and existing parents information on the North Shore Mariners SAP & GSAP program. There are far more expectations and commitments required for both player and parents to successfully play SAP/GSAP so it is important to read up before trialing. So please read the Trial FAQ document.
Who are the North Shore Mariners?
The North Shore Mariners is a high performance football club competing in the FNSW SAP & NPL1/2 competitions. NSM covers the lower North Shore of Sydney and brings a direct pathway for Youth Development to A-League with direct guidance from the Central Coast Mariners
NSM is the only club providing a direct pathway to an A-League franchise on the north shore and is the first step into becoming a professional footballer.
NSM Banking Details
Northbridge Soccer Club - BSB 062 215 - Account #0090 0208
Please join us as it helps with getting sponsors = better facilities, lower fees!
If you have any suggestions or feedback please email email@example.com
See top menu's for Trials, FAQ, Pictures etc
Season 2018 End + 2019 Season Info
Friday 24th August: NSM SAP/GSAP - End of Season Presentation at Norths in Cammeray. 6:30pm start.
Training will finish on grass fields and Thomson Oval this week ending 24th August. Northbridge Oval can continue until week ending 31st August for teams who are scheduled there ordinarily. While we don’t have SAP / GSAP training scheduled for the September/October period prior to trials, we will have Pro-Zone sessions available during the week and in the school holidays as extra sessions for the SAP age groups.
2019 Season - this is how we anticipate the selection process for our 2019 teams:
a) Players will be provided with a retention or a re-trial letter shortly after the Presentation night. Retained players will be required to lock in their spot with an early part-fee payment.
b) We aim to have SAP / GSAP coaches appointed before Trials.
c) Trials for next season will be conducted during the FNSW SAP/GSAP Trials period - dates TBC, but anticipated time frame is from the 21st October.
d) Program start: 5th November, twice a week for 6 weeks. Break for holidays with a restart in February 2019.
We are still sourcing a venue for pre-christmas training as NBO is likely to still be out due to re-surfacing. An update will be provided when available.
2019 Mariners Cup & Camp - April Holidays
NSM Holiday training camp & Mariners Cup (April 23rd-27th * not on Anzac Day)
Mariners Prozone Camp - Compulsory (require coaches approval if unable to attend)
When: Mon 23rd- Tues 24th April
Where: Blackman Park Synthetic
Times to be confirmed
2019 Mariners Cup - Compulsory (require coaches approval if unable to attend)
Dates. Wed 26th - 27th April.
Times: All day
The Cup will once again be played at Blackman Park in Lane Cove on Sydney’s Lower North Shore.
The two side by side artificial pitches at Blackman allow for play in all weather and contain all the action into one location.
2019 SAP/GSAP Season Summary
FNSW SAP Fixtures: http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info.cgi?c=1-9353-0-478280-0&a=FIXTURE
2018 NSM BSAP & GSAP Team Managers
- BSAP 8s: Bindi Hogan - firstname.lastname@example.org
- BSAP 9s: Cassie Rouse - email@example.com
- BSAP 10s: Graeme Mackintosh - firstname.lastname@example.org
- BSAP 11s: Ash White - email@example.com
- BSAP 12s: Sue Bishop - firstname.lastname@example.org
- GSAP 10s: Peri Diesltow - email@example.com
- GSAP 11s: Kellie Munn - firstname.lastname@example.org
- GSAP 12s: Rebecca Nash - email@example.com
- GSAP 13s: Chrissi Heinl - firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Season Training Dates
- Pre- Season Training - Start: week of 6th Nov 2018 - Finish: week of 15th Dec 2019
- Season Training Start - Last week of Jan 2019
- Season Training Finish - Mid-August 2019 (when SAP comp ends)
- Post Season training 3 weeks in Aug 2019
2019 Regular Game Dates
- Pre-Season friendlies - Feb - Mar
- Season Games - April - August
Prozone Small Group Training
Prozone Football Skills clinics after school training. Stay sharp & get ready for trials during the break
When: AUG 21st - SEPT 15th 2018
Where: Northbridge Synthetic Oval on either TUE / WED / THU from 4-5pm
- $165.00 (one session per week for five weeks)
- Runs for 5 weeks from week of 21/8 until school holidays
- 60 min intensive session
- U8-U12's boys & girls
- Book a block of 5 sessions (one per week on a specific day, eg. 5x Tuesday). Can book more than one block if they want to do 2 sessions per week
2019 Trial Process - Always keep an eye on the NSM Website & Facebook pages for updates + full details here
- Retention & trial letters sent end of September 2018
- Trial Date October 21st 2018- SAP/GSAP trials over 1-2 sessions over two weeks
- Players will be invited back via website & player number for a second trial (if required)
- Players not selected can also trial for Northbridge Academy squads in early 2019