North Andover's Race Amity Day
You're Invited to North Andover's Race Amity Day
June 10th, 2018 from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
North Andover High School Courtyard & Cafe
Help the North Andover Public Schools and the Stevens Memorial Library bring people of the Merrimack Valley together to celebrate amity or friendship between people and to share traditions from various cultures.
Join us for a celebration featuring:
- Proclamation from Governor Baker supported by Board of Selectmen and the School Committee
- International desserts and treats
- Cultural Dancing (unfortunately Lion Dancers will not be performing)
- Breaking It Down (a game to promote cross racial/cultural discussion)
- Movie: Race Amity: America’s Other Tradition
- Photo Walks and Art Exhibit
At the end of 2015 the Massachusetts Legislature passed the Race Amity Day Bill (H 2745,Chapter 163 of Acts of 2105). This first in the nation legislation was signed into law and celebrated in a State House ceremony with Governor Charlie Baker in February of 2016. The Bill was the outgrowth of work at the National Center for Race Amity at Wheelock College Boston.