North Andover's Race Amity Day
Thanks for coming!
Sunday, June 9th 2019 from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm at NAHS
Second Annual North Andover Race Amity Day was a great success! The event took place on Sunday, June 9th from 10am-1pm at the North Andover High School in the cafeteria and school courtyard. The event is put on by the NAHS Race Amity Club with the goal of celebrating diversity and all the cultures in our community by promoting awareness and unity.
The celebration will feature:
- Proclamation from Governor Baker supported by Board of Selectmen and the School Committee
- International desserts and treats
- Cultural Dancing
- Breaking It Down (a game to promote cross racial/cultural discussion)
- Movie: Race Amity: America’s Other Tradition
- Photo Walks and Art Exhibit
At the end of 2015 the Massachusetts Legislature passed the Race Amity Day Bill (H 2745,Chapter 163 of Acts of 2105). This first in the nation legislation was signed into law and celebrated in a State House ceremony with Governor Charlie Baker in February of 2016. The Bill was the outgrowth of work at the National Center for Race Amity at Wheelock College Boston.