Internet and Browsers
Three browsers are available for the MacBook laptops - Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. The internet is filtered through the district's filtering software, both at school and outside of the district. Parents may use additional filtering at home, through their internet service provider.
- Basic Search Strategies (3:35)
- Search Better (5 tutorials)
- Understanding URLs
- Google Search Tips (25 videos)
- How to search by image with Google
- Google Advanced Search
- Google Advanced Image Search
- Google Scholar
- Evaluating Resources
- In-text citations (2:50)
- How to download free audiobooks
- Finding your downloads
- Chrome (5 tutorials)
- Safari (5 tutorials)
- Firefox (5 tutorials)
- Using your browser’s status bar
- Customizing your web browser
- Use Information Correctly: Copyright and Fair Use (5 pages)
- Use Information Correctly: Avoiding plagiarism (2 pages)
- What is Creative Commons?
- Creative Commons: Use & Remix
- CC Search
- What is Public Domain?
We have made every reasonable attempt to ensure that our web pages are educationally sound and do not contain links to materials that violate the District's Student Policy on Internet and Internet Safety for the Computer Network.