Arcata High School
Excellence In Education for All Students
Attendance Office (707) 825-2401
Kudos to Our Talented Arcata High Students!
The Pepperbox won the following awards as presented by Humboldt State University for outstanding student journalism in Northern California:
- Best Editorial to Jacquelyn Opalach
- Best Photo Illustration to Drie Roberts
- Best In-Depth News Jacquelyn Opalach
- Best Sports Feature to Marley Tavernier-Fine
- Best Photojournalism to Peter Shao, Chloe Stemler, Jazmine Fielder
- Best News Story to Marley Tavernier-Fine, Peter Shao, Jacquelyn Opalach, Jazmine Fielder, Fiona Murphy, Lilly Raschien
And Overall Most Outstanding Student Newspaper in Northern California!
"They created videos (which can be seen here and here), intended to answer the question, “Why do the arts matter?” Out of 50 videos entered from across California – these local students have made it into the top 14 final groups selected by judges."
A motivated group of Arcata High student leaders and business marketing students attended the California Association of School Leaders Conference in Ontario, CA with Leadership Teacher Cheryl Johnson & Business Marketing Teacher Kelly Helms.
- Monday, April 30th 6:40-7:30pm: Join AHS alumni Will Taylor, and McKinleyville High graduates Kaila Johnson and Dylan Ingersoll for a "High School Six Years Later Panel" in the Arcata High School library. Guests will share their perspective and information about choosing a college and a major, making career choices, competing as collegiate student athletes, and sharing tips about what they have learned since graduating from high school five to seven years ago. Attending this panel will be a great way for current students to get college insight from three of our most successful student athletes from Arcata and McKinleyville High Schools. All students and parents are welcome to attend.
- April 23rd-May 3rd Arcata High's Juniors will take the CAASP (California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress) assessments! Please see the Arcata High CAASP webpage for more infromation.
- Take the School Climate Survey below!
- Order YEARBOOKS ASAP! Find Yearbook Information & Deadlines here!