Summer Job Opportunity
Maggie’s Dogs is a pilot project of the Conception Bay Area Chamber of Commerce and CBDC Cabot’s Youth Ventures Program. Maggie’s Dogs is a hot dog cart based in CBS and currently has one employee and the support of both the CBA Chamber of Commerce and the Youth Ventures Program. Maggie’s Dogs seeks to teach young, ambitious students about the world of business and provides real-world exposure to financial management, business planning, marketing, human resources, and more!
Maggie’s Dogs has one (1) student summer position (temporary) available for youth within the region, who would enjoy learning more about the business world. This position entails a summer income (minimum wage) and, as stated, a strong learning opportunity. The position would encompass a variety of daytime, weekend, and evening shifts. The position is set to commence on July 17, 2017 and end on August 30, 2017.
This position is responsible for handling cash, serving customers with utmost attention to customer service and the overall customer experience, and other duties as required to ensure Maggie’s Dogs contributes positively to the CBS area.
The successful incumbent is expected to contribute to a positive working environment with an ongoing commitment and focus on both safety and teamwork, including but not limited to the following skills:
- Replenishing products.
- Preparing products.
- Handling cash.
- Handling customers (and customer complaints).
- Communicating effectively with customers and co-workers.
- Assisting in the on-going planning of the business, Maggie’s Dogs, and assist in keeping the business profitable and successful.
- High School Student
- Desire to learn about business.
- Customer service experience considered a plus.
- Completion of Enterprise or Career considered a plus.
- Considering a career in business considered an asset.
If you meet the qualifications and are prepared to join our pilot project, apply in strictest confidence by email on or before July 4, 2017 quoting Maggie’s Dogs Application in the subject line to: