Portugal Cove - St. Philip's Intermediate
Parent Teacher Interviews
Hi everyone, parent teacher interviews are set for Thursday, Dec 7 from 1 - 5 and 6 - 8:30. Students will be dismissed at 12:06 and buses will leave our parking lot at approximately 12:16.
This year, we will be using Optis, the on-line interviewing system which allows parents and guardians to set up interviews with teachers. The instructions on how to do this are on the attached sheet. You can register to start the process immediately.
The portal will be open at 3:00 pm this Friday, November 24 to allow parents and guardians to schedule interviews. The quicker you do this, the better your chance of getting your preferred times.
If you have any questions, please call 895-7181 and ask to speak to one of our secretaries Ms. Courtney Dunn or Trina Francis.
Friday Dec. 8th is PL day for teachers, no school for students
Welcome to our interim website! Here you will find info on our new school. This site will be live until we have a full website published. You can also follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/PCSP_New_School
Phone: (709) 895-7181
Principal: Leo Etchegary
Assistant Principal: Doug Pippy
Information for Parents/Guardians of PCSPI
School phone: 895-7181
Principal: Leo Etchegary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assistant Principal: Doug Pippy (email@example.com)
Secretaries: Trina Francis (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Courtney Dunn (email@example.com)
Hi everyone, our school is off to a great start. Here are some updates and information that we want to bring to your attention.
- PD days - Our first pd day will take place on Friday, October 6. We only confirmed this date yesterday. We have contacted the School Lunch Association as well because some parents have already sent in money for this date. This will be adjusted for future purchases. Apologies for any inconvenience. We have a pd day (district close out) on Thursday, October 19th as well. This was communicated in an earlier note.
- Students who are in the walk zone can apply for a courtesy seat by filling out the following application and bringing it to the office. Please fill out page 6. We hope to start reviewing these applications at the end of this week. https://www.nlesd.ca/schools/busing/doc/courtesy_seating_protocol.pdf
- There are some changes to several routes starting tomorrow and they may have already happened. We will let you know when the changes are permanent.
3. Cafeteria Services
- The School Lunch food service at PCSP Intermediate will start on Sept. 25th. Prior to that time, students will need to bring all food and snacks from home. Please see the documents below that explain how the School Lunch will work. For more details you can also visit their website at https://schoollunch.ca/
PLEASE NOTE: There is a one time registration for school lunch. Your child must officially register for the program before they can be served food. You can complete the registration form online or by paper copy which is being sent home with your child today. This registration is separate from the food selection envelopes you may have used.
4. Lunchtime for 5-6 students
- Students in 5-6 will have supervised outside play during the first 25 minutes of lunch weather permitting. If the weather is poor, students will have supervised inside play in the gym and library.
- During the second half of lunch, students in 5-6 will eat their lunch.
5. Lunchtime for 7-9 students
- Students in 7-9 can walk home to lunch if they have permission from their parent/guardian. Please send a written note or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- If 7-9 students are staying for lunch they are permitted to go outside and use the skate park, playground, softball field and soccer field (after the grade 5 and 6 students have left). The boundaries are Thorburn Rd. and Rainbow Gully Rd and our school.
6. Resources - We are waiting for a number of items to be delivered: locks, cafeteria tables, computers, book shelves, etc. We expect most of these to be delivered by the end of next week.
7. Open House/Curriculum night - Our curriculum night is scheduled for Thursday, September 21 from 7-9. We are waiting for some exterior and interior lighting to be finished before we have our Open House. Stay tuned for details.
8. Staff list - In case you need to contact a teacher
Baldwin, David firstname.lastname@example.org
Bartlett, David email@example.com
Bavis, Lindsay firstname.lastname@example.org
Brazil, Jasmine email@example.com
Burke, Clifford firstname.lastname@example.org
Carey, Vanessa email@example.com
Clarke, Kendra firstname.lastname@example.org
Crane, Brenda email@example.com
Curnew, Jessica firstname.lastname@example.org
Dawe, Jillian email@example.com
Doyle, Joanne firstname.lastname@example.org
Durdle, Lisa email@example.com
Fitzgerald, Jonathan firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant, Amelia email@example.com
Johnson, Verle firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping, Monique MoniqueKeeping@nlesd.ca
Keough, Brittany email@example.com
Kirby, Kim firstname.lastname@example.org
Ledwell, Colleen email@example.com
Lynch, Charlotte firstname.lastname@example.org
Mahoney, Kelly email@example.com
Malone, Brian firstname.lastname@example.org
Nixon, Tracy email@example.com
Norman, Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org
Norman, Susan email@example.com
Paterson, Sam firstname.lastname@example.org
Pearson, Jocelyn email@example.com
Pippy, Douglas firstname.lastname@example.org
Roberts, Roxanne email@example.com
Ryan, Gordon firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortall, Lori email@example.com
Smart, Natalie firstname.lastname@example.org
Smith, Lesleigh email@example.com
Vinnedge, Jennifer firstname.lastname@example.org
Walsh, Kerry email@example.com
Whalen, Jacinta firstname.lastname@example.org
Williams, Raven email@example.com
We have students and staff with severe allergies to: Eggs, all nuts and all fish. We are still compiling this list.