Tuck Everlasting: Independent Novel Study Projects
Choose a project from either list A or B below which best meets your interests and talents in Language Arts. Attached to this instruction sheet is a rubric that will be used in evaluating each project and to help with your progress. Have fun and work hard!
List A (Include a novel summary with these. Minimum length of 100 words.)
- Construct a diorama (three dimensional scene which includes models of people, buildings, plants and animals) of one of the main events of the book. Include a short, written description of the scene.
- Make a mobile about the story that has at least 5 items. Include a written description of each item.
- Create a book cube. Cover a square box with paper. On each of the four sides illustrate the following from the novel: important characters, setting, problem or conflict, solution to the conflict. Use the top of the square to write the book’s title and author.
List B: Minimum length of 250 words. (These do not require a separate summary.)
- Write a character profile for 3 of the novel’s major characters. Make sure to include key information such as physical appearance and the character’s role in the novel, as well as any additional information the reader might find interesting.
- Complete each of these eight ideas with material and examples growing from the novel: This book made me wish that…, realize that…, decide that…, wonder about…, see that…, believe that…, feel that…, and hope that… .
- Pretend you are one of the characters in the novel. Write at least 5 diary entries explaining events that occurred in the novel.
- Make a table of contents for you novel. Create a title for each chapter together with a one-line description of what happens in the chapter.
- Remember to state 3 reasons why we should buy your product. This is a persuasive presentation after all! The sheet which will be used to evaluate your presentation has been previously posted on Google Classroom.
- We have watched some brief clips of Dragon's Den online, however if you would like to watch at home I believe the series is available on the CBC website and on Netflix.