Welcome to Gander Elementary's Guidance page!
Gander Elementary's School Counsellor is Ms. Kellie O'Rielly-Mercer. Ms. O'Rielly-Mercer's office is located upstairs in the school and she can be contacted via e-mail or telephone.
The roles and responsibilities of a School Counsellor in an elementary school include:
- administering educational assessments, i.e. cognitive, achievement and behavioral;
- communicating with involved community and government agencies related to children's education, health and well-being;
- providing individual counselling and group counselling;
- providing education and information to students, parents and staff regarding children's educational, behavioral, social and wellness issues;
- providing leadership in character education programs and initiatives; and
- serving as a member of the school's Student Support Services team.
Welcome to Gander Elementary's Guidance Office!