Welcome to Bishop Abraham Elementary's New School Website!
No school Friday, November 10 and Monday, Nov. 13. Tuesday, November 14th will be Day 5 on the schedule.
Picture retakes will take place Friday, October 20th
Living Healthy Commotion Week
Our School is having its own Living Healthy Commotion Week, October 10 to the 13th.
Tuesday, Oct. 10
- Cha Cha Slide
Wed., Oct. 11
- "I Walk " to school day. Mr. Kennedy will be walking to school from Buckmaster's Circle at 8:15
- "Fit Bingo
Thursday, Oct. 12
- Primary 10:30 to 12:00 "Relay Madness"
- Elementary - 1: 00 to 2:00 "Relay Madness"
- Elementary only - Cross Country meet, 3:00 to 4:00 @ Mundy Pond
Friday, Oct. 13
- Bring fruit for recess and have a chance to win a Free Gym period.
- Terry Fox Walk Elementary students ( grades 4 to 6) will walk after recess, Primary students ( grade 1 to 3) will walk in the afternoon. Parents are welcome to join their child(ren) for the walk around Mundy Pond
Halloween Baskets Fundraiser
The Grade 3 classes will be selling tickets on two Halloween baskets starting Monday, October 2nd. This fundraiser will help with the cost of field trips taking place throughout the school year. Tickets are $1.00 or 3 for $2.00.
School Council Parent Member Needed!
The Bishop Abraham School Council is looking for one (1) parent member. If you are interested please contact Laura Butland or Valerie Wells.
Annual Vegetable Sale!
Ripple Trail Farms
- $12.00 per 12 pound bag
Vegetable order forms went home last week. They are due back Wednesday, September 27th.
Vegetables can be picked up Oct. 4th after 1:00 pm.
Picture Day is Friday September 29th!
All parents are invited to Curriculum Night, Thursday, September 14, 2017. Come and meet your child's/children's teacher/teachers and learn about the curriculum your child will be experiencing this year, classroom rules and expectations. All sessions will take place in teacher's classrooms. Primary - Grades Kindergarten to grade 3, 6:30 - 7:15, Elementary - Grades 4 to 6, 7:15 - 8:00.
Social and Emotional Learning
Please click on the picture to read more......
First Day Schedule:
Doors open at 8:40
- Grade 6 students go to the grade 6 common area
- Grades 1 to 3 go to the Gym
- Grade 4 & 5 go to the Cafeteria to meet their teachers
- Kindergarten students wait in the corridor by main Office and the teachers will collect the students.
Bell Schedule 2017 - 2018 School Year:
- 8:40 am - doors unlocked for students
- 8:50 - all students proceed to their classrooms
- 8:55 - classes start
- 10:25 - 10:40 -Recess
- 12:10 - 1:00 - Lunch (the switch will occur at 12:35)
- 3:00 pm - classes dismissed.