North Lawrence Community Schools Technology Vision Statement
NLCS will create an innovative culture where all learners succeed within a supportive, creative environment.
How can your eCoaches help?
Your eCoaches offer the following variety of services:
- Live training sessions
- The NLCS eCoaches' Corner blog with lots useful ed tech tips
- Original, easy-to-follow training documents, which you can find on the Resources page of this site
- Curation of useful training resources from the Internet, which are also available on the Resources page
- Educational technology recommendations to enrich lessons
- Co-teaching as teachers try out new technology
- Approval of teacher-requested apps (Please use the form below.)
- General assistance with educational technology (Please use the form below.)
Meet Your eCoaches
John Kensek is in his first year with Five-Star Technology Solutions and comes to NLCS from Richland Bean Blossom Community School Corporation in Ellettsville. He has been in the classroom room in a variety of roles the past eleven years. He was a teacher at Edgewood Junior High School for the last five years teaching both 7th and 8th grade math and most recently seventh grade social studies. Edgewood had a 1:1 device initiative during his entire time at RBB, and John grew a lot in his knowledge and use of technology during this time. John became familiar with using virtual reality, digital breakout lessons, the entire Google suite tools, an online pen pal program, and many other uses of technology in the classroom. He has presented for Five-Star Technology Solutions at a digital boot camp and helped design a project based unit for Student’s Rebuild during the summer of 2017 in Los Angeles, California. John is in the process of completing his Master’s degree with a technology focus. John is married to his wife Heather, who is also an educator. They have two sons; Soren is five and Asher is three. John is an active guy who is always looking for a marathon or triathlon to compete in. He is excited to take the role of an ecoach and serve the teachers and staff of NLCS.