5th Grade News Flash
Meet the Team
Lakeview 5th Grade News
Please watch the video to learn about the resources for the Bobcat Dash
Counselor News and Updates
Next week when our class visits the counselor, students will take a short Social Emotional Learning self-assessment. This will help the school better support your child with goal setting, relationship skills, self-esteem, and more. For more information, see the attached letter.
SAVE THE DATE
October, 2021 November
Oct 20 Lockdown Drill Nov 1, 2 No School
Oct 22 Bobcat Dash Nov 22-26 No School
Oct 29 Character Parade
Learning Content : What are we learning?
ELA - Book Club - Hatchet by Gary Paulsen, Comprehension Skills in Fictional Texts (inferring, characterization, connections, summary, theme, finding evidence, justifying your thinking), Writing Short Answer Responses (SAR), prepositions
Social Studies- Causes of the American Revolution
Geography Quizzes: Southern Region November 3, Midwest Region December 15, Southwest Region January 26, Mountain Region March 2, Pacific Region April 13
Math- Module 1 - Decimal Place Value Module 2 - Adding and Subtracting Decimal Fractions; Interpreting and Creating Data Tables Module 3 - Prime and Composite Numbers; Multiplication using the Standard Algorithm
Science- Unit 1 - Inquiry and Processes; Unit 2 - Matter; Unit 3 - Forces and Motion Review Website
WANT TO HELP YOUR CHILD WITH THEIR GRADES?
1. Ask them about their day? Review what they did throughout the day.
2. PLEASE check your child's daily planner. If they did not finish daily work, it is homework. Classroom calendars show due dates. It is the student's responsibility to write these dates in their planner because they have class time to get organized.
3. Refer to the Homework Expectations Sheet for recurring homework in ELA (Lexia, NRI, Vocab). Check the available resources on Google Classroom.
4. Students will pass 2 lessons per week in Imagine Math as homework.
5. Check Home Access Center (HAC), with your child, regularly and sign up for alerts. We often try to work with students to get missing work completed, prior to contacting home.
Creative writing extensions
Students designing and testing one variable in our Paper Airplane Lab.
Lakeview Reminders and Information
* Just a friendly reminder students must wear tennis shoes to PE.
Transportation: Return to Learn at Lakeview
*Bus Information- Click HERE to find bus information and to see if your child has been added to a route. You can contact Reliant if you have questions. We cannot put your child on a bus, if they are not added to the route. It can take a week to have them routed, so please check this ASAP!