5th Grade News
Meet the Team
WANT TO HELP YOUR CHILD WITH THEIR GRADES?
1. Ask them about their day? Review what they did throughout the day.
2. PLEASE check your child's daily planner. If they did not finish daily work, it is homework. Classroom calendars show due dates. It is the student's responsibility to write these dates in their planner because they have class time to get organized.
3. Refer to the Homework Expectations Sheet for recurring homework in ELA (Lexia, NRI, Vocab).
4. Students will pass 2 lessons per week in Imagine Math as homework.
5. Check Home Access Center (HAC) regularly and sign up for alerts.
ELA - Inferring multiple themes, analyzing plot and text structure, annotating and summarizing informational texts
Social Studies- Northeast Region, Causes of the American Revolution, Boston Tea Party
Math- Adding and Subtracting Decimal Fractions; Bars, Charts, Graphs; Standard Algorithm Multiplication; Volume; Prime and Composite Numbers
Science- Investigating Properties of Matter, including: Density, Mass, Volume, Solubility, Magnetism, Thermal Conductors, Thermal Insulators, and more!
Love our 5th Graders!
- Students are dressing similar and enjoying social distancing in the hallway.
- 5th Graders are learning to be Digital Citizens.
- Go Spartans! Go MSU!
- Go Detroit Tigers!
Lakeview Reminders and Information
* Just a friendly reminder students must wear tennis shoes to PE.
Connected Learning Updates
Transportation: Return to Learn at Lakeview
*Bus Information- Click HERE to find bus information and to see if your child has been added to a route. You can contact Reliant if you have questions. We cannot put your child on a bus, if they are not added to the route. It can take a week to have them routed, so please check this ASAP!