Track and Field
Welcome to NHCS Busline and Varsity Track and Field!
Practice: Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday 3:15-4:45 @ NHCS
Expectations for Student Athletes:
1. NHCS Track and Field athletes will be committed to the school athletic program on and off season by:
• Following the rules set by the coaches and the school.
• Participating enthusiastically.
• Recognizing that student participation in athletics is a privilege.
• Setting challenging and realistic goals.
• Maintaining high academic standards.
• Being committed to skill development in their sport.
2. NHCS Track and Field athletes will communicate openly and honestly with respect for coaches, teammates, parents, officials, and opponents by:
• Developing a team attitude.
• Being coachable and open to constructive feedback.
• Sharing appropriate individual and team concerns with the coaching staff.
3. NHCS Track and Field athletes will demonstrate good citizenship and sportsmanship by:
• Behaving with integrity.
• Exhibiting pride in their team and school.
• Playing by the rules.
• Accepting responsibility as a role model for others.
• Supporting other sports and other teams.
• Playing with dignity and grace, regardless of winning or losing.
4. NHCS Track and Field athletes will develop and maintain mental and physical (health) behaviors by:
• Being alcohol and drug free.
• Practicing self-discipline.
• Demonstrating good personal health habits.
• Dealing with challenges in a positive manner.