The Newtown Public Schools Technology Department works in support of the district’s technology vision statement which reads as follows:
Newtown Public Schools recognizes that technology is vital to prepare students for lifelong learning and workforce readiness.
- We will integrate curriculum and technology to inspire a collaborative learning community that can effectively find, evaluate, use, and create content
- Identify and utilize existing, emerging, and cost-efficient technologies that enhance learning
- Promote the safe and ethical use of technology
- Ensure equitable access to technology
- Provide professional development and technologies necessary to deliver the curriculum, to communicate, and to access, manage, and evaluate
- student-related information.