East Coast Mariapolis 2017
"Only at Night we see the Stars"
Friday July 7 to Sunday July 9
A 3-Day Convention grounded in the spirituality of the Focolare Movement on Finding Light in Times of Difficulty
July 7, 10am - July 9, 4pm
The registration desks opens at 8am on Friday July 7.
Mariapolis Luminosa is located at 200 Cardinal Road in Hyde Park, NY, 12538, 2 hours north of New York City. Phone: (845) 229-0230
The Mariapolis is the annual summer gathering organized by the Focolare Movement. It is an opportunity for people of all ages and backgrounds to spend a few days together, putting into practice universal values of dialogue and solidarity enlightened by the Christian Gospel. Participants are invited to “do unto others as you would have them do unto you”, the ‘Golden Rule’ found in every major religion, and find how day-to-day life can be transformed when listening, sharing, and generosity are put at its core.
This year’s program follows the theme, “Finding Light in Times of Difficulty.” It features presentations on the Focolare spirituality of unity, experiences, moments of prayer, workshops, small group discussions, and outdoor activities. During meals, breaks, and periods of relaxation, participants have ample time to make new acquaintances, chat with family and friends, or simply enjoy the beautiful 75 wooded acres of Mariapolis Luminosa—a retreat center two hours north of New York City, and the picturesque site for this year’s convention.
Children and teenagers follow parallel supervised activities, participating fully in the Mariapolis and making their own unique contribution to it. Parents of children under 4 may take advantage of nursery facilities.
Lodging is not available at Mariapolis Luminosa. Each person should make their own reservations and arrangements. It's important to reserve a hotel early, as there might be concurrent events in the area.
Some Local Hotels:
- Quality Inn: 845-229-0088
- Golden Manor: 845-229-2157
- Days Inn Poughkeepsie: 845-454-1010
- Courtyard Poughkeepsie: 845-485-6336
- Hampton Inn and Suites Poughkeepsie: 845-463-7500
Full 3-day Weekend Fees
- Adult - Full Weekend - $140.00/each
- Married Couple - Full Weekend - $245.00/each
- Under 4 Years Old - Full Weekend - Free
- 4 to 8 Years Old - Full Weekend - $75.00/each
- 9 to 17 Years Old - Full Weekend - $100.00/each
- Adults - Daily Rate - $70.00/each
- Married Couple - Daily Rate - $120.00/each
- Under 4 Years Old - Daily Rate - Free 4 to 8 Years Old - Daily Rate - $40.00/each
- 9 to 17 Years Old - Daily Rate - $50.00/each
Fees include Program Registration, with lunch and dinner on Friday and Saturday, and lunch on Sunday. Breakfast is not available at Mariapolis Luminosa.
Fees DO NOT include the cost of Hotel rooms. Participants staying at a Hotel should arrange for room payment directly with the Hotel.