Washington D.C INFORMATION
There is an information meeting on Tuesday August 27th, 2019 in the NJHS cafeteria starting at 6:00pm.
Future meetings are:
October 14th at 6pm in the NJHS cafeteria Fundraising meeting
April 7th 2020- at 6pm in the NJHS cafeteria
May 26th, 2020 at 6pm in the NJHS cafeteria
- The 8th grade Washington D.C. trip is a four night and five day vacation.
- We will be leaving early Monday morning, June 24th, 2019 and return June 28th.
- There will be a chaperone assigned to every student attending the trip.
- Parents that decide to go are not required to chaperone.
- In the hotel, there will be two security guards that will be assigned to monitor the hallways (between the hours of 9:00pm and 6:00am) to make sure that all of the students stay in their rooms when lights are out.
- Total cost for students is $1999.00.
- There are four students to a room.
- Students get to pick who they want to room with.
- The cost for parents is $2,219.00. Two parents are assigned to a room.
- If you prefer your child to be in a room with you the cost for your child will be $_____. Costs more for less people in a room.
- Cost includes round trip airfare, all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) all event and ticket prices, tour costs, medical and accident insurance, all transfers between destinations, overnight security.
- Students MUST register and have the first payment of $99.00/ or $298.00 w/payment protection plan in to: School Tours of America by December 16, 2019
- You can pay it in one lump sum, or you may make monthly payments as well.
- Keep in mind if you decide to make monthly payments you will be charged a $6.00 processing fee for every payment made.
- Balance must be paid in full by (postmarked) by APRIL 9th, 2020.
- Payments can either be paid by check or online using a credit card.
- Checks should include your child's name and the tour number 9508.
Checks need to be made out to:
School Tours of America and mailed to
School Tours of America
Houston Texas, 77255-0379
OPTIONAL PAYMENT PROTECTION PLAN
- The payment protection plan is an additional $199.00
- You will be automatically enrolled in the payment protection plan if you do not check the box on the backside of the registration form.
- The payment protection plan must be paid along with the first payment .
- The payment protection plan protects your payments (minus the 99.00 registration fee) in case your child is not able to go on the trip.
- Do not feel obligated to sign up for the protection plan.
- I have about 30% students sign up for it every year and about 70% that do not.
- We had two people that were not able to go two years ago and they lost all the money that they have paid.
Parents, want to stay up to date with all the latest info about meetings and deadlines for the 2020 trip? Text @dccoug to the number 81010.
Standard text messaging rates may apply. Please check with your provider for details