Enabling 2-step Authentication
There are more and more cyber threats and phishing attempts aimed towards companies globally. Another layer of security protects our data better so we will implement two-step verification for our Google services. Your Nesteprojects account should be as secure as your bank account where you also need two passwords to sign in. The change does not affect your daily work after the enrollment, but it’s important for security purposes.
If you do not activate 2-step verification within 30 days of receiving your nesteprojects account, your account will be locked and has to be reset by the Service Desk.
How to enable 2-step verification?
To enable 2-step verification for your Google account, follow the below instructions.
- Use your browser by clicking the link. You might have to login using your email address and password: https://myaccount.google.com/signinoptions/two-step-verification/enroll-welcome?pli=1
- Go to “Sign-in & Security and select 2-step verification.
- You are presented a following screen. To proceed click “Get Started”
- In next screen, start by clicking a small flag next to the text field. Choose the country where you are from.
- Add the phone number you are using (without the country code), e.g. 123 123 1234.
- Choose Text message as a way to get the codes and click Next
- You will next get an SMS message to the phone number you just entered. Add this 6-digit code to the text field presented after previous step.
- If you do not receive SMS message: Sometimes phone operators in different countries are not able to deliver text messages instantly. You can try activation again by selecting “Phone call” in previous step. With ”Phone call” option, you receive a call, where automated voice provides you with 6-digit code with the language you have selected. You will receive the code twice during the call, in case you miss it on the first time.
- You will get an SMS message to the phone number you just entered. Add this 6-digit code to the text field presented after previous step. Once entering the code, you get following announcement of successful verification. Click “Turn On” to finish!