NEFEC Distinguished Practices Award
2017-2018 NEFEC Distinguished Practices Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize the exceptional instructional practices of educators in the NEFEC region. Many outstanding educators in our region are embracing and overcoming challenges and achieving exemplary student performance. This special recognition and coordinating teacher leadership experience will put a lens on a specific, distinguished instructional practice. Through specific professional learning activities, we will spotlight the practice in order to build capacity of educators throughout the region.
The nomination form is available at https://goo.gl/yX3xBk. Nominations are due by the dates specified below. A NEFEC committee will use a rubric to score the submitted nominations.
NEFEC will select up to 3 award recipients per quarter in the fall, winter, and spring of 2017-2018.
Nominations must include:
● A specific description of the distinguished instructional practice
● Administrator support
● Evidence of exemplary student data linked to the practice
Upon acceptance of the award, educators will work with NEFEC facilitators to capture and share their exemplary practice in one or more ways.
This may include, but is not limited to:
● Co-facilitating a Twitter chat
● Recording portions of a lesson or lessons for use in NEFEC professional learning events
● Co-facilitating professional learning opportunities (may include webinars, NEFEC CONNECT, and/or other types)
This award is provided through a partnership between the Foundation for Rural Education Excellence and NEFEC.