- ACT Test Preparation Class: Offered 2-3 times a year, watch for emails home!
- Practice Tests: ACT Academy
- Choose student
- NO to "did your teacher give you a user name & password"
- enter email and create a password
- BYU ACT Prep
- Shmoop - Use the magic word HIKING to create an account.
- testive.com (scroll down to the bottom and choose "Create a free account")
- Practice SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (October). Pay $20.00 to the Finance office and turn in your receipt to Mrs. Dutson in the Counseling office and receive a practice booklet.
- AP Exams (First 2 full weeks of May). Sign up with your AP Teacher before November 2, 2018.
- ASVAB: TBA
Upcoming Testing Dates
Test Dates and Deadlines:
Test Dates Registration Deadline Late Fee Required
September 8, 2018 August 10, 2018 August 11-26, 2018
October 27, 2018 September 28, 2018 September 29-Oct. 14,
December 8, 2018 November 2, 2018 November 3-19, 2018
February 9, 2019 January 11, 2019 January 12-18, 2019
April 13, 2019 March 8, 2019 March 9-25, 2019
June 8, 2019 May 3, 2019 May 4-20, 2019
The ACT is required at most 4-year institutions in the state of Utah. The test covers the areas of english, reading, mathematics and science reasoning.
Juniors now take the ACT with Writing at SHS in the early Spring. The test is paid for by the state, and it is required that every junior take the test on the test date assigned.
Seniors are strongly encouraged to re-take the ACT sometime in September, October, or December of their senior year so they can receive results in time for college admissions and various academic scholarships. One of the measurements used for college admittance is known as the Academic Index Score. It is used throughout the state to determine admissions eligibility and as a factor for academic scholarship qualification.