AP US Government and Politics
Springville High School
Winter Semester, 2017
Instructor: Mr. Douglas
Great Job on the AP Test Everyone who Took It! Please see the assignments page for your final assignment
*UPDATED: Tuesday 4/18 was Cancelled, we'll start on the 19th*
AP Test Review Sessions Will Occur at Lunch in Room E5 on the Following Dates:
- Wednesday, April 19th (Foundations; Civil Liberties and Civil Rights)
- Thursday, April 20th (Civil Liberties and Civil Rights, Continued)
- Tuesday, April 25th (Executive Branch)
- Wednesday, April 26th (Legislative and Judicial Branch)
- Thursday, April 27th (Political Parties and Elections)
- Tuesday, May 2nd (overall review)
Unit 3: Political Behavior
Unit Test: April 13
Unit 2: Institutions of Government
- Unit Test: March 16
- Unit Outline with Reading Schedule Attached Below
Court Case Cards
A new set of cards will be due on the day of each unit test. You can find the required court cases on the back of the unit outline--each court case is written in italics and marked with an asterisk. The assignment sheet for this task is attached below.
- For Completing your Court case Cards: Oyez.org, from the IIT Chicago-Kent School of Law
- Official Websites of the Republican and Democratic Parties. Party platforms and other useful information can be found here.
- The Heritage Guide to the Constitution: An excellent, interactive tool for exploring the Constitution, with clause-by-clause analysis written by legal scholars. Compiled by the Heritage Foundation, a right-leaning think tank in Washington, D.C.