How to Create a Google Calendar Event
Follow these steps to create a Google Calendar Event
Step 1: Log in to your Google account and access your Google Calendar (Click Here for a guide on accessing your Google Calendar)
Step 2: On the left side of the screen, select +Create
Note: If you do not see the button +Create select the icon with 3 lines to display the menu bar.
Step 3: Name your event
Step 4: Select the type of event: Event, Out of Office, Reminder, Task, Appointment Slots
Step 5: Confirm the Start Date and Time. Confirm the End Date and Time.
Step 6: If you need to invite others to the event, select Add Guests and input the email address of the person.
Step 7: If you need to specify a location for your event, add that here.
Step 8: Add any descriptive information regarding the event in Add Description
Step 9: Select Save to save and create the event
Google Calendar Event: More Options
The previous steps are the basic and simple way to create an event in your google calendar. The steps below introduce additional options to customize your google calendar event.
To customize your Google Calendar Event, select More Options in the pop-up window.
A new window will display that gives you more options to customize your event.
1. Add a Title to your event
2. Select the Start Date & Time and End Date & Time. You can also select if the event it All Day and whether or not it Repeats the event.
If you need to schedule a time with other people, you can coordinate a time by checking their availability.
3. In the Add Guests box, type in the name or email address of the person(s) you are inviting to the event.
4. Select Find a Time to see the calendar view of the invited guests and coordinate a time for the event you are creating. Make sure the check boxes next to the name of your guests are check marked to see their calendar
Note: if the invited guest is not in your organization (i.e. a @mail.naz.edu email address, you may not be able to access their calendar)
5. You can add a location to the event
6. You have the option of adding a Conferencing meeting, where you can utilize google hangouts to do a virtual meeting
7. You can add a timed notification to remind you of the event
8. Here you can display whether you are busy or free during the timeframe of this event
9. Add a description of your event if desired
10. Select Save to create the event and send an invitation to your guests