Mile High Jamboree 2019
Join us in Colorado on August 1 - 4, 2019 for the 2nd Annual Navigators USA Jamboree!
- August 1-4, 2019. Option to stay an additional night, providing the opportunity to fully explore all that Colorado has to offer!
- YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park, CO. Estes Park is the Eastern Entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park.
- 3 nights (lodging, meals, activities & more)
- $220/Adult; $180/child; Free/0-3 years old
- $25pp deposit due ASAP to hold your space
- Extra Night lodging = $50 + excursions
- Day Passes available on Friday or Saturday for $60pp
- 2515 Tunnel Road, Estes Park, CO 80511
- Lodge rooms sleep up to 6/room and private 3/4 bath. All linens provided
- Includes all meals. On-site coffee shop and general store for extras you might require.
- Every Kid in a Park - Get Your Free National Park Pass (4th Graders Only)
- Junior Ranger Program (much of this can be done online ahead of time - think road-trip, by downloading the booklet or completing the web-based program)
Whether you drive, fly or hop on a train, Estes Park is only 90 minutes from Denver on the eastern edge of the Rocky Mountains. Centrally-located, Denver is easy to get to from most parts of the United States.
Check this section for a detailed Packing List of things to bring (for both individual attendees as well as Chapter Leaders) as well as things to leave home
Visit this page to get links to apply for grants, travel vouchers, troop fundraisers and more.
Preparing for Altitude
The location of our Jamboree is over 8,000 feet above sea level and oxygen is approximately 45% less dense. Guests from lower elevations may notice shortness of breath, and some may also experience fatigue and dizziness associated with altitude sickness. To prevent these symptoms, drink plenty of water (64 oz daily), get plenty of rest, avoid strenuous activities until acclimated, eat lightly and avoid alcohol.
What will YOUR family do with your extra day in Colorado? Whether driving Trail Ridge Road over the Continental Divide, paddling down Class III rapids of the Cache la Poudre River, trotting through the alpine meadows atop a beautiful horse, rolling down mountain trails on a Mountain Bike, relaxing in the pool, gnoshing on Tacos at a local Cantina, fishing for Trout in the waist-deep mountain run-off or wandering the halls and gardens of the famous Stanley Hotel where Stephen King wrote The Shining, Estes Park has so much to offer and the Colorado Navigators can't wait to show you why we call this state home.
The members of Chapter 202 and everyone on the Jamboree Event Committee want to make sure you have an amazing adventure. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, concerns or ideas.
- Pam Migliore, Event Coordinator, Chapter 202
- Robbin Bossert, Navigators USA Executive Director
- Tracy Casabianca, Stargazer Programing Coordinator, Chapter 202
- <Additional Volunteer Opportunities coming soon>