First Annual NP3 Law Dinner
Fundraising for Mock Trial and Moot Court Teams
all donations (including "tickets") tax deductible
Date: Thursday, March 14, 2019
Time: 6-8 pm
Location: McGeorge School of Law, Student Center
3200 5th Ave, Sacramento, CA
Tickets: $40 individual; $250 table of 8
Each dinner ticket includes 2 drink tickets
*Additional drink tickets available for purchase
Please purchase tickets by February 28, 2019
Attire: Business Casual
5:30 pm Appetizers, Mingling, Sign-in
To purchase tickets, please click below
Purchase dessert for your table from homemade dessert selections
Sponsor a Student
Donate a lump sum of $600 to fund an individual student for the upcoming season
Individual Item Live Auction
Support NP3 teams with round number donations in amounts of $50, $100, $200, and $500
Each table has a bucket in the middle to accept cash/check donations
About the event:
- NP3 Mock Trial and Moot Court Teams are expanding to become more competitive within Sacramento County, and to broaden the benefits and opportunities provided by the programs. The teams are doing this by:
- Traveling up and down the State of California to scrimmage other dominant high school teams
- Touring college campuses near our scrimmages to increase our students' exposure to the variety of college campuses
- Assisting students with procuring professional attire for competition (which students can keep as an interview outfit for after graduation)
- Why a fundraising dinner?
- Unlike many of the dominant teams in the state, the students of NP3 are from diverse socio-economic backgrounds. 40% of the student body at NP3 qualifies for "Free and Reduced Lunch," meaning a family of 4 makes less than around $2700 a month. Only 17% of students at NP3 are white.
- Mock Trial and Moot Court programs not only introduce students to legal careers, they also provide students with increased public speaking and critical thinking skills, and help to build self-confidence. Students learn to work as part of a team. No student should be denied this opportunity because of lack of funds.
- This year the mock trial team began traveling for scrimmages and college tours using donations from a couple lawyer benefactors and a generous grant of $4,000 from the Sacramento Bar Foundation. The program would like to expand its travel opportunities and to become financially self-sufficient from a single fundraiser each year-- this dinner. Our goal is $20,000.
Inquiries: Contact Staci Osborn at email@example.com or call at 916-567-5740 x47227