-Natomas Charter School-
My name is Mr. Semple and I am so excited to join Star Academy as a 4th grade teacher! I am ready for a year of fun learning with lots of meaningful experiences in our classroom. I love learning how and why math, writing, social studies, science, and language are important in every day life. Parents and guardians, I look forward to working with you to help your student find success!
Things to Know:
- Reading is important in every subject area, so it is vital that we develop a love of reading. The way we develop a love of reading is to read anything and everything whenever we can!
- Students are expected to read every day for at least 20-30 minutes outside of school so that they can find success as readers, but also so that they can participate in daily book discussions.
- Homework is rare, but may include a variety of tasks from math practice to writing to interviewing family members. It is always relevant to our work in the classroom.
- Students are scholars and future-professionals, so they are expected to begin taking ownership and responsibility for their own learning as soon as possible. This means that they should follow their curiosity and look for connections between what we are learning and the world, their lives, and our community.
- Students are expected to maintain a positive attitude, embrace challenges, and put forth their best efforts in all that they do.
- Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions or comments. I will always do my best to get back to you as quickly as I can.