Click HERE to be taken to the Great Lakes SCRIP Center
MAKING A DIFFERENCE… ONE PURCHASE AT A TIME
WHAT IS SCRIP??
Scrip is simply a word that means “substitute money” –in other words, scrip is gift certificates from national and local retailer. They’re the same gift certificates that you buy at the store. Many popular retailers participate in our scrip program, see the enclosed list of retailers and order form.
You’re probably asking yourself how these stores help us raise money. It’s simple—scrip participating retailers agree to sell gift certificates to our organization at a discount. Member families like yours buy the certificates for full face value, they redeem them for full face value, our school keeps the difference as revenue and the profits go towards your family profit obligation. And scrip is exciting, because everyone wins:
• The retailer gets cash up front and repeat business…
• You get a powerful fundraising alternative that involves No Selling…
• Our school gets a regular source of revenue.
The beauty of scrip is that you put your regular household shopping dollars to work. You earn money for our school without spending a single additional penny. Just spend your regular shopping dollars with scrip at the stores that participate in the scrip program! And scrip can be used for just about any household purchase including food, clothing, entertainment, gasoline and even dining out.
Additional Info: Kohl’s scrip can be used to pay your credit card bill!!! Only at the Portage Kohl’s.
All cards can be used to shop online at the retailer’s site using the serial numbers on the back of the card.
SCRIP PURCHASE METHODS
- Scrip is available for purchase Mon-Thurs. 7A-3P in the church office.
- Scrip sales are available after most Sunday masses.
- A large local inventory is available, however special orders are also accepted from the list of vendors enclosed. Please take a moment to look over the SCRIP order form. You may be surprised at all we have to offer.
- You may also send an order form in with payment in the provided red envelope and the order will be returned the same day in your child’s backpack. If there is a special order, all items in stock will be sent home and the special order item when it arrives by Friday afternoon.
***Special orders are placed every Monday evening; i.e. if you have a special order on Tuesday, it will not arrive until the following Thursday or Friday.
Did you know you can order Scrip online?? Forget to buy your Chipotle gift card? You can sign on to Shopwithscrip.com and get a gift card right on your phone to make your purchase. It’s that easy! Ask your coordinator for directions on how to sign up. Many of your cards are re-loadable. Please do not try to sign up on your own. Contact the Scrip Coordinator first.
RETURN CHECK POLICY
We are a volunteer non-profit organization. If your check is an NSF (Non-sufficient funds), you are responsible for the amount of the check plus $15 charged by our bank. If you have someone buying scrip in your name, please be aware if there is a problem with their check and they are not taking care of the NSF you will not get receive your profit for the scrip. Any NSF that is not paid in full, may result in being sent to Porter County Prosecuting Attorney Bad Check Restitution Program after all avenues of recovery have been met.
Postdated checks are never accepted.
COME TO A HOME & SCHOOL MEETING
Enter a drawing to win a $25 Scrip Card of your choice.
For additional information and questions feel free to contact our coordinator:
Bridget Farkas 808-5126 or SCRIP@nativityofoursavior.net