Southern California Region
Service Opportunities - 2019
Service Opportunities in Southern California Region.
The next Southern California Region (SCR) of Nar-Anon Family Groups (NFG) quarterly regional assembly will be held on Saturday October 12, 2019 at the World Service Office - located at 23110 Crenshaw Blvd., Suite A, in Torrance, California. This will be our elections assembly which is held every (2) two years in October. Please convey the following news to your groups. If you are interested in more information about any of these positions, please send an email to SoCalRegion@Nar-Anon.org.
- Southern California Region Elections Assembly - October 12, 2019 is our elections assembly. These are two year positions and are open to all members meeting the criteria in the Southern California Regional Guidelines and Guides to Local and World Services.
The duties of the Secretary include:
- Attend monthly phone call meeting with other regional officers.
- Prepare minutes from the monthly phone calls and distribute those minutes within 2 weeks from the meeting.
- Attend quarterly regional assemblies with the regional officers and group service representatives.
- Prepare minutes from the quarterly regional assembly and send those minutes to the Regional Chair within 2 weeks from the meeting.
- Represent the SCR in communication with banks and others as an officer of our non-profit organization.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of emails to the members.
- More information about the duties of a Regional Secretary are included in the Guide to World Services, Guide to Local Services, SCR Guidelines, and on the Secretaries page on our service website.
SubCommittees need more members on all of our Service Committees. Most of our service committees meet monthly or quarterly via telephone calls. The schedule for the meetings is found on the Calendar page of our service website. Member duties include:
- Bring your ideas to the committee.
- Assist the committee in making wise decisions that are in the best interest of the Nar-Anon fellowship.
- Support our primary purpose by carrying the message of recovery to those still suffering.