NEF Express Grants
The NEF Express Grants Applications for 2019-20 are now open! Applications may be submitted by the 15th of the month while the funds last. Project funding and implementation is intended for the 2019-20 school year.
Thank you for taking your valuable time to complete this Express Grant Application. Express Grants are awarded in a timely manner for projects that make a positive, immediate impact on student learning. Each approved Express Grant application will be funded for the current school year and has a $1000 limit.
To ensure that your innovative idea has the best possible opportunity for approval, please read the following and comply with the following information.
PLEASE NOTE: Awarded grants will be funded each month for implementation in the 2019-20 school year.
GRANT PROCEDURES AND GUIDELINES
ALL GRANTS MUST BE:
- Initiated by a District 203 staff member or student and support at least one D203 school
- Approved by the Principal
- Aligned to your school’s Improvement Plan and/or to a curricular area or standard
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
- Preference will be given to original, innovative proposals or proposals that are of the highest value to the school.
- High value parent engagement programs will be considered providing that the Principal or designed staff member is the originator and supervises/oversees implementation.
- Student submissions must be approved and supervised by a teacher and/or administrator who must also be the grant lead.
- Materials provided by the grant become the property of the school where the grant originated and not the property of any individual or group. Unused grant funds will be returned to NEF.
- If funded, the following is required;
- A summary must be submitted to NEF within 30 days of the grant's implementation. The grant summary will include two photos and an impact statement.
- A Talk203 or similar communication must be sent to your parent community. This communication must include the grant title, the impact of the grant on student learning and the following statement: “This grant was made possible through a Naperville Education Foundation Express Grant. To learn more about NEF or provide support visit NEF203.org.”
- Grant writers are limited to a maximum of 3 Express Grant submissions per school year.
- Express Grant funding will not exceed $1000.00.
- Grant applications will be accepted throughout the school year until the NEF Express Grant budget is exhausted.
- NEF will not consider funding other nonprofit organizations.
- Grants are not awarded for salaries, furniture, fundraising efforts or storage materials.
PROCESS AND TIMELINE FOR REVIEW AND APPROVAL
- This simplified application will be completed on a Google Form. This format requires you to finish the application in one session and submit. For that reason, we recommend that you use this link to make a copy of this application and print offline. Once you’ve completed it, you can copy and paste the information into the actual Google Form and submit.
- Each application will be considered by a committee made up of NEF volunteers and District personnel.
- Applications may be submitted by the 15th of each month while funds last. Applicants will be notified of approval or denial by the last day of month in which the application was submitted.
- Project funding and implementation is intended for the current school year.
All applications are to be submitted through the NEF 2019-20 Express Grants Application Google Form here.
Questions? Call Wendy Goettsch, NEF, at (630) 420-3086 or by email at NEFGrants@naperville203.org