Welcome to Bridges!
Bridges is a program at Orange High School for students with moderate disabilities. The goal of the bridges program is to to provide each student with a fantastic individualized program that allows them to reach success inside and outside of the classroom as well as feel a sense of inclusion and belonging at OHS.
Each student will have an individualized program based on their strengths, interests and preferences. The following components will be implemented into each student's educational program:
- Specialized Academic Instruction
- Students will receive specialized academic instruction from a special education teacher (Bridges, MH or SDC) per IEP team decision
- Students will work toward achieving IEP goals
- Students will attend general education academic classes and electives with appropriate supports and services
- Students will be encouraged to get involved in school activities such as clubs, sports teams, ASB and other organizations at OHS
- Vocational skills
- Students will participate in school job programs
- Students will participate in community based instruction
- Students will receive instruction and training in postsecondary transition skills