MVHS Crew Boosters, Inc. has many opportunities to volunteer and will be updated on this page.
We use Sign-Up Genius for volunteer events, so please click on the links below to see how you can help the team!
Monthly Volunteer Opportunities
- June 12, 2018 - Washington Mill Elementary School Election Day Bake Sale
- We need baked goods for sale and workers for the table to sell the goodies. **Please remember to bring the baked goods pre-wrapped and labeled for individual sale **
- June 16, 2018 - Car Wash at Honest-1 Auto Care
- Address is 8648 Richmond Highway (Engleside Plaza, near Safeway)
- 9 am to 1 pm
- June 30, 2018 - Car Wash at Sunoco Gas Station
- Address is 8300 Richmond Highway
- 9 am to 1 pm
- March 10, 2018 - Bingo Fundraiser - Located at MVHS Room G-100 from 2:30pm to 5:30pm.
- February 10, 2018 - Tag Day - Meet at MVHS Room G-100 from 8am until done.
- All Rowers must volunteer!!
- We currently need:
- Volunteer parent drivers
- Snacks and drinks
- January 15, 2018 - Ergathon at Results Fitness
- December 18 - 19 - Gift Wrapping Fundraiser at Tyson's Corner Mall
- November 7, 2017 - Washington Mill Elementary School Bake sale
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
- Team Van Driver - Click here to volunteer https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/60B0D48A9AF2CA7F58-vandriver
Transport rowers from school to the Fort Belvoir Marina.
- Team Dinners - Click here to volunteer http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0D48A9AF2CA7F58-team/60722832
These dinners occur the Friday night before every regatta.
- Coaches Lunches - Click here to volunteer http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0D48A9AF2CA7F58-coaches/60722832
- Launch drivers
The absolute best way to see the regatta, on the water with the rowers. The launch is the small metal motorboat that runs behind the shells. You will need to be trained, but the coaches can help do this.
- Regatta Positions
Each regatta requires us to fill volunteer positions. The team gets fined if the positions are not filled. Each regatta will be sent out as a separate link so you can quickly identify which dates and which open positions are available.
Date Regatta Name Volunteer Sign-Up Link
- March 24 Polar Bear Polar Bear Volunteer Needs
- April 7 Walter Mess Walter Mess Volunteer Needs
- April 14 James River
- April 21 Ted Phoenix Ted Phoenix Volunteer Needs
- April 28 Charlie Butt Charlie Butt Volunteer Needs
- May 5 VRSC Day 1* VRSC Day 1 Volunteer Needs
- May 12 VSRC Day 2* VRSC Day 2 Volunteer Needs
- LOC - Assistant Supervisor for boathouse concessions
MVHS has the responsibility to provide a volunteer who performs the same position each regatta. Our assignment this year is to be the assistant supervisor for boathouse concessions. Free parking at each regatta!
If interested, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kurt Hales, by emailing: email@example.com.