Spangler Uniform Expectations
Shirts - Polos, Turtlenecks and Sweatshirts
- All shirts are a solid color (white, forest green, navy-baby blue or burgundy)
- Spangler t-shirts and sweatshirts may be worn daily
- Pants should be fitted or one size larger at the waist for growth only-NO SAGGING
- Pants can be cargo or any other style (khaki, blue, or black in color)
- Jeans on Fridays only
Shoes & Belts
- Shoes must be closed-toe and heel.
- No slippers or open-toed sandals should be worn to school.
- Belts must be worn in belt loops, and may not hang down.
- No chains of any kind are allowed.
Hats & Accessories
- Hats of any kind are not allowed in any indoor area, including all classrooms.
- Jewelry worn must be appropriate and not excessive such as extra long necklaces and chains.
MUSD Board Policy 5132
STUDENT APPEARANCE CODE
The Governing Board believes that appropriate dress and grooming contribute to a safe and productive learning environment. Students' clothing must not present a health or safety hazard or a distraction that would interfere with the educational process. The Board expects students to give proper attention to personal cleanliness and to wear clothes that are suitable for the school activities in which they participate.
The Governing Board delegates the responsibility for enforcement of the Student Appearance Code to the site administrator of the school. Details and specific rules, which apply shall be included in the administrative regulations.
MUSD Administrative Regulation 5132.1
The safety and success of students are primary concerns of the Governing Board and the administration of the District. Current research and practice support the practice of requiring school uniforms as a means of focusing student attention on academics instead of clothing competition or on the use of clothing to identify sub-groups within the school population.
The Governing Board wishes to allow the administration, faculty, and parents of individual schools to select uniforms as a way of promoting student safety and academic success if they wish to do so.