- The community of Mt. Vernon must hold the education of children as its top priority. Quality education results from a partnership that is shared among the home, school, and community. Quality education results in a quality community.
- Each child deserves to be treated as a unique individual. All children should have the chance to excel in their areas of interest and talent. Each child has the right to the best educational opportunity for achieving his or her highest potential. The basic skills taught in the early school years are essential to success. Quality physical, emotional and educational environments must be maintained in order for students to reach their maximum potential. The natural curiosity of the young should be kept alive throughout the educational process. Every effort should be made to select and retrain personnel of the highest quality.
- Those responsible for the education of children must be knowledgeable and must be committed to quality education. Students deserve caring, competent educators who are committed to effective instruction. Effective planning is essential to quality education. Educators should be proud of their profession and that pride should show in their daily contact with students and the community.
- Dan Knox, President
- Lora Greathouse, Vice President
- Aletta Lawrence, Superintendent
- Ryan Swan, Assistant Superintendent
- Connie Knowles, Board Secretary
- Brian Blok
- Merle Hollmann
- Cleo Holt
- Alice Martin
- Matt Reynolds
Mount Vernon City Schools, District 80 6:00 p.m.
(All meetings are held in the Board Room at 2710 North Street unless otherwise noted)
- June 19, 2017
- July 17, 2017
- August 21, 2017
- *September 20, 2017 - Budget 30 day display.
- October 16, 2017
- *November 13, 2017
- December 18, 2017
- *January 12, 2018
- *February 12, 2018
- March 19, 2018
- April 16, 2018
- May 21, 2018
- June 18, 2018
- *July 9, 2018
*Meeting dates are the 3rd Monday of the month unless date is preceded by an asterisk.
To access the information below, click to open the file or folder you choose.
To search within a file, press the Ctrl and F keys together and a search box will appear in the upper right corner.