School Board and Public Notices
- The community of Mt. Vernon must hold the education of children as its top priority. Quality education results from a partnership that is shared among the home, school, and community. Quality education results in a quality community.
- Each child deserves to be treated as a unique individual. All children should have the chance to excel in their areas of interest and talent. Each child has the right to the best educational opportunity for achieving his or her highest potential. The basic skills taught in the early school years are essential to success. Quality physical, emotional and educational environments must be maintained in order for students to reach their maximum potential. The natural curiosity of the young should be kept alive throughout the educational process. Every effort should be made to select and retrain personnel of the highest quality.
- Those responsible for the education of children must be knowledgeable and must be committed to quality education. Students deserve caring, competent educators who are committed to effective instruction. Effective planning is essential to quality education. Educators should be proud of their profession and that pride should show in their daily contact with students and the community.
2018-2019 Board of Education members Mount Vernon City Schools, District 80
- Dan Knox, President – 2 year term 2017-2019
- Lora Greathouse, Vice President – 4 year term 2015 – 2019
- Merle Hollmann - 4 year term - 2015- 2019
- Matt Reynolds - 4 year term – 2017- 2021
- Cleo Holt - 4 year term – 2017-2021
- Alice Martin – 4 year term – 2017-2021
- Brian Blok – 4 year term – 2017-2021
- Aletta Lawrence, Superintendent
- Ryan Swan, Assistant Superintendent
- Connie Knowles, Board Secretary
Mount Vernon City Schools, District 80 6:00 p.m.
(All meetings are held in the Board Room at 2710 North Street unless otherwise noted)
- *July 9, 2018
- August 20, 2018
- *September 19, 2018 - Budget 30 day display.
- October 15, 2018
- *November 12, 2018 - Triple I Conference
- December 17, 2018
- *January 19, 2019 - Retreat Weekend
- *February 11, 2019 - Holiday
- March 18, 2019
- *April 8, 2019 - Spring Break
- May 20, 2019
- June 19, 2019 Amended Budget Display 30 days
*Meeting dates are the 3rd Monday of the month unless date is preceded by an asterisk.
To access the information below, click to open the file or folder you choose.
To search within a file, press the Ctrl and F keys together and a search box will appear in the upper right corner.