Challenging all students to seek a brighter future.
Always seeking, always learning.
Summer Meal Schedule
Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) SNAP Benefits
Mount Vernon City Schools will be presenting our first Virtual Summer School beginning on May 26th and running through June 19, 2020. This will be for District 80 students grades K-8. Subjects will include math, reading, science, PE (with dance/cheer elements). Packets will be created to enhance learning.
2020-2021 Preschool Registration
Dr. Andy Hall Early Childhood Center is scheduling new student registration appointments for the 2020-2021 school year. If you have a child who will be 3 or 4 years old, on or before September 1, please call 244-8087 and leave a message with your name and phone number, or click here to enter your contact information . You will receive a call back to schedule an appointment between May 18-22. Please contact our office before May 20th to ensure appointment availability.
Graduation for the Casey Middle School 2020
Graduation for the Casey Middle School 2020 graduates will be held on May 30th, 2020 throughout the day. We love our Casey graduates, and wish we could give them a traditional ceremony, however, we have to follow the state and health department guidelines we were given. Graduates will come at assigned times throughout the day, based on their CAP class. Families will drive their students to the front of the new Casey gym at their designated hour. Only the student will leave the car, walk up to the presentation area where they will receive their diploma and have their picture taken to be used to create a Graduation slideshow that will be posted to the Casey website in June. Please carefully read and follow the directions and procedures below. A list of times for students to come is listed at the end. Students should only come during their listed time frame as we have to follow strict social distancing guidelines.
1. Traffic should begin at the Hall School parking lot and proceed driving in single file from east to west in front of the Casey new gym on Casey avenue. When the car reaches the front of the Casey gym, only the student can get out and walk up to the presentation area to receive the diplomas. We will have only one student in the presentation area at a time. The student will then return to the car and the family must leave the school. We are not allowed to have people congregating outside of the school. We will have staff outside helping to direct you.
2. When the student enters the presentation area, Mrs. McGreer and Mr. Williams will greet them. The student will pick up their diploma from a table, and then have their picture taken. If the student is a valedictorian, they will receive a plaque and have a separate picture taken for valedictorian recognition.
3. The student will then leave the presentation area, return to their car and leave. The next student will then be prompted to exit their car and walk up to the presentation area.
4. Restrooms will not be available.
5. Cap and gowns must be picked up by May 22nd in order to participate. We ordered cap and gowns for all 8th graders. The cost is $29. Please bring exact cash or check to the office to pick up between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. any weekday. TAG and BETA ropes may be purchased for an additional $10 each.
6. Graduates and staff working should follow all government guidelines regarding social distancing.
7. All pictures, along with graduation remarks, will be posted on the Casey website in June.
Schedule – Graduates should only come during their scheduled times:
8:00 am – Mrs. Piercy’s CAP class
9:00 am – Mr. Sierfert’s CAP class
10:00 am – Mr. Knaak’s CAP class
11:00 am – Mrs. Bierman’s and Mrs. Rice’s CAP class
12:00 pm – Mr. Aaron’s CAP class
1:00 pm – Mrs. Capps’ CAP class
2:00 pm – Mr. Maurer’s CAP class
3:00 pm – Mr. Mellot’s and Mr. Staples' CAP class
Health and Wellness
When to stay home
It pays to be a SUBSTITUTE in District 80!
- Substitute Teacher rate is $115 per day!
- A one time Longevity Bonus of $200 will be paid to Substitute Teachers and Substitute Aides after a sub has worked for 90 FULL days for the district.
- Substitute Aide (Paraprofessional) pay rate is $10.45 per hour for the 2019-2020 school year
- Click here for details and more information or call Kerri @ 244-8080.
Peanut-Tree nut Safe Zone
Individuals with Disabilities Act Information
Suicide and Depression Awareness and Prevention
Prevention and Response to Bullying, Intimidation, and Harassment
Download our School App
Watch our video resource for more information and instruction.