Mrs. Dyer's 5th Grade Classroom
Welcome! I am excited to get the 2018-2019 school year underway! I am looking forward to many fun days ahead!
*Please note this website is a "working document" things will be added and updated frequently*
Hello! I am Mrs. Dyer. This will be my 14th year teaching and 12th year at Lincoln Trail. I love teaching in the same school district that I grew up in! I have two daughters, Brooklyn (10) and Brenna (6.5) and my husband, Ben. I am an '05 ISU Graduate and I have a Master's Degree in Instructional Strategies from Rockford College. I enjoy being outside, swimming, and shopping.
Some of my favorites:
- Volleyball (playing, watching, and coaching)
- The Beach
Please read below to learn about my classroom!
About our classroom:
We honor the 3 school rules of Be Respectful, Responsible, and Safe in our classroom and every setting in our school.
- Students will treat each other, all teachers, and guests in our room with respect and kindness.
- Items such as spinners, putty, slime, etc. should be left at home. Based on the educational needs of students we will handle the need for a fidget in class on a individual basis.
- Gum is not permitted in our class.
- Water bottles are allowed, but may be stored in a central location. We will have regular breaks where students can get drinks and use the restroom.
- Student cell phones are not allowed in the classroom (including pockets and binders). I highly encourage students to leave these valuable devices at home, if they are brought to school they must be stored in their locker at their own risk.