Examples and Ideas
Eminence Schools, Kentucky
Create a Non-fiction/Informational Text Map
- go to news.google.com/newspapers and grab a link to an article that showcases a famous event from history (there are two examples given on the map as a guide)
- drop a place mark where that event occurred
- grab a link to the newspaper article and paste it into the HTML balloon.
Telling a Story with My Maps
- Create a My Map and make it where anyone with the link can view it.
- Share it with 2 or 3 other people here in the room.
- You can either A - retell a famous event from history or B - tell your own story. What's a good story that you'd like to share? Make sure the placemarks are in the locations where the events took place. Include images/video.
- Once done, submit the link to your map using the form on the right.
Angles and Measurements
- Open up the map to the right (press the [ ]
- Press the Traffic Light/Dippin' Dots and copy the map to your Drive
- Complete the assignment mentioned on the placemark.
- Submit your assignment HERE once completed.
Let's Make Something!
Now that you've seen some examples, take some time to create a My Map for yourself.
- Make sure it ties into your subject (and images, Youtube videos, etc).
- Submit the link to it once it's CREATED (not just completed). The link to it will appear on the sheet below.
- Make it "everyone with the link can view"