We are pleased to announce the roll out of the Fall 2017 Alliance Program ESL and GED Prep Classes to be offered for parents/community members in schools!
We are very happy to inform you that the Alliance ESL and GED prep Program we have had since the spring of 2014 will continue again this fall. Special thanks to Superintendent Geary for allocating funds so that this critical program for many of our parents can continue.
The following classes will be offered:
- Bowers - Monday / Wednesday, 9:15 - 11:15 a.m. in the FRC.
- Buckley - Tuesday / Thursday, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. in the FRC
- Squire Village Community Center, Tuesday / Thursday 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (this program will focus on serving Verplanck and Waddell parents/community members)
- The Pavilions Apartment Community Center - Tuesday / Thursday, 1:15-3;15 p.m. (this program will focus on serving Robertson parents/community members)
- Squire Village Community Center - Monday / Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Bowers - Monday / Wednesday, 1:15 - 3:15 p.m. in the FRC
Registration and Pre-Testing for both ESL and GED classes will take place as follows:
- Monday, Sept. 18 - Bowers FRC, 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 19 - Buckley FRC, 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 20 - Squire Village Community Center, 9:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 21 - The Pavilions Community Center, 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Classes will begin the week of September 25th and end November 30th, 2017.
Van transportation will be provided for residents living in Fountain Village and Beacon Hill Apartment Complexes who want to enroll in the ESL class to be held at the Squire Village Community Center. Children from these two apartment complexes attend Verplanck and Waddell Schools. Attached is a flier describing the Van Transportation Schedule.
Interested parents/community members from Waddell should fill out the bottom slip of the Announcement / Flier indicating what class they are interested in enrolling and return it to Renee Bryan, Waddell's Family Resource Center Coordinator, who will then send these pre-registration slips to Latasha Turnquest, Director of Family Partnerships, to the Eastside Resource Center, 153 Spruce Street which receives inter-office mail. Those slips will then be forwarded to Roland Axelson, Alliance Program Coordinator, and those persons will be contacted regarding registration.
These classes are open to all Manchester residents. Participants can choose which site they would like to attend class however they have to provide their own transportation. Any Manchester residents who do not have a child in a Manchester School should contact me at (860) 817-2915 and I will gladly help them register. They may also call the Adult Education Office and speak with Jezabel Mercado (860)647-5075.
Below are informational fliers in multiple languages which explain the program and the van transportation schedule.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Roland Axelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or feel free to call him at (860) 817-2915.