Message From Dr. Manzitto & Staff
October is almost here and there are lots of events throughout this month. Please mark your calendars for the following:
- Parent Teacher Conferences- Thursday, October 11th- Tuesday, October 16th- Wednesday, October 17th
- Fall Break- No School October 17th-19th
- Report Cards Go Home- At Conferences
- PTA- Trunk N Treat- October 25th 6-7pm
- PTA Halloween Parties & School Parade- Wednesday, October 31st *Parade @ 1pm *Classroom Parties Will Follow the Parade *Since Halloween is on a Wednesday, we will still have a 2:15 Dismissal
- At the last PTA meeting, the topic of safety and security was discussed in relation to school parties. Many ideas were brought to the table and will continue to be of consideration in the future. This information was then brought to the Wheeler School Improvement Team for a second layer of input and discussion from both parents and staff. We will be following Millard Public Schools District Rule 5740.1 and requiring pre-registration for all visitors attending the parties. The Halloween party signup will be included in this Growler, classroom newsletters, and will include a deadline of Friday, October 26th. The Wheeler staff will use the information from the sign up and follow MPS safety procedures to facilitate checking guests in prior to the 31st. We will the be organizing pre-made name tags for family members that are wanting to come into Wheeler after the parade to help with classroom parties. You do not need to register via the link if you are only coming to watch the parade.
We are looking forward to a great month of school! For more information about these events, please read through this week's and future newsletters.
Millard Public Schools Visitor Verification
All school visits are subject to the approval by the building principal in accordance with District Rule 5740.1. The following procedures shall be enforced by school administration:
- Visitors must be verified through a form of personal identification or verification of student demographic information.
- Visitors must sign in to the visitor’s log (Name, Phone, Arrival Time and Reason for Visit) prior to being issued a MPS visitors badge.
- Visitors must wear their issued visitor badge at all times and return the badge upon departure.
- Visitor badges must not be accessible by the general public and must be accounted for at all times. If a badge is not returned, school personnel must call the last person to be issued the badge and ask that it be returned immediately.
School Day Programs (i.e. musicals, plays, holiday events)
- Pre-registration for the event is required if visitors will have direct student contact (i.e. classroom holiday party).
- If the visitors will not have direct student access, pre-registration is not required (i.e. concert in the gym).
- Use of a visitor sign-in log.
- Prearranged name tags for pre-registered guests.
- Anyone who did not pre-register must be verified through a form of personal identification or verification of student demographic information.
Pick-A-Time Online Conference Signup
OPENED- 9/23 @5PM CLOSES- 10/9 @12PM
Want To Be A Guest @Wheeler on Halloween?
Pre-Register Below By Friday, October 26th
If you are attending only the parade, there is no need to register. If you plan to join the party, we ask that you pre-register so we can have your name tag ready for you upon arrival.
*Sign-Up For Fall Conferences Using the Directions Above
*Sign-Up By Friday, October 26th To Be A Guest @Wheeler on Halloween using the Directions Above
*Complete the PTA Directory Form- Found Under the PTA Section Below
Wheeler Destination Imagination 18-19
Registration Deadline: October 7th
Registration Links Included Below