Message From Dr. Manzitto & Staff
Please mark your calendars for the following:
- PTA- Trunk N Treat- October 25th 6-7pm
- PTA Halloween Parties & School Parade- October 31st
Want To Be A Guest @Wheeler on Halloween? Pre-Register Below By Friday, October 26th
If you are attending only the parade, there is no need to register. If you plan to join the party, we ask that you pre-register so we can have your name tag ready for you upon arrival.
- BOOK FAIR VOLUNTEERS NEEDED- Sign Up Here- https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094CADAC2EA20-scholastic1
We can't wait to see you at parent teacher conferences over the next two weeks!
Wheeler Elementary Halloween Guidelines
The class parties will be held on Wednesday, October 31. The Halloween parade will begin at 1:00 p.m. Students will parade through the main hallways, picking up classes as we go. The parading students will go outside and around the front of the building if weather permits.
- We encourage children to bring costumes to school in a disposable bag, clearly marked with the child’s name. Costumes should not be worn to school. Students will put on costumes just prior to the parade. Children must be able to get in their costume independently or with limited teacher support.
- Students are not required to wear costumes.
- Students may be excused from the celebration and parents may check out the student from the office at 12:55 p.m.
- We will be having the parade outside so make sure your child’s costume is appropriate for 30 minutes of the NE fall weather.
- We will not have time to utilize make-up and hair products. Please save those additional components of costumes for Halloween night.
- To prevent frightening younger children, please refrain from costumes, masks, or make-up depicting blood and other gruesome configurations.
- Weapons such as guns, (even toys) swords, and hatchets will NOT be allowed.
- Be aware that parking will be difficult, please be patient.
Thank you for all your time and efforts in making Halloween a safe and enjoyable experience. Below is our parade route.
Pumpkins & Arrows Represent the Parade Route for Staff & Students
Green Happy Faces Represent Available Space to View the Parade
WHEELER BLOOD DRIVE
Since 2005, Wheeler has collected 1,417 lifesaving units of blood. That is 4,251 potential lives saved! Thank you to our amazing community!
12:30 PM-6:30 PM
Parking Lot & Traffic Reminders
*Buses Only- Thank you for keeping this space open for our buses at arrival and dismissal.
*Prep Zone- Please have your children gather all of their supplies (coats/backpacks/lunches) and be ready for immediate exit at Drop Off Spots 1-5 OR the Drop Off Lane.
*Adults may only leave a vehicle parked and unattended if they are in a parking stall on property. Pre-School pickup occurs right before K-5 dismiss. These families need to be able to exit their parking stall.
*If you see vehicles in the parking stalls of the drop off lane, please allow these individuals to back out and exit as needed.
*Please do not block handicap stalls.
*We cannot have parked vehicles in any of our moving lanes.
*Please enter our Wheeler parking lot with patience and safety in mind. We have had a few close calls with both students and adults being in unsafe situations with cars turning/exiting quickly.
Thank you for your support!
We are searching for wonderful parents/guardians to assist with Harrison light supervision. Our number one priority is to keep students safe. If you are interested/available please sign up! We need volunteers for both before and after school supervision.
Post Start Times:
Before school: 8:15 AM - 8: 30 PM
After School: 3:45 PM - 4:00 PM (Except Wednesdays: Dismissal @ 2:15 PM)
*Sign-Up By Friday, October 26th To Be A Guest @Wheeler on Halloween
*Complete the PTA Directory Form
*BOOK FAIR VOLUNTEERS NEEDED-Sign Up Here
*Sign-Up if you are able to support supervision at Harrison Light before and after school.
*Sign-Up for the Wheeler Blood Drive
*PTA Trunk or Treat Sign Up Genius- https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C044CAFAE2DA0FE3-wheelers2