Beliefs are the foundation of the Millard Public School District's Strategic Plan. The belief statements are an expression of the fundamental values, ethical codes, and overriding convictions and principles for the District.
- Each individual has worth.
- Individuals are responsible for their actions.
- Our greatest resource is people.
- Diversity enriches life.
- All people can learn.
- High expectations promote higher achievement.
- Achievement builds self-esteem; self-esteem promotes achievement.
- All people are entitled to a safe, caring, and respectful environment.
- Responsible risk-taking is essential for growth.
- Excellence is worth the investment.
- Educated and engaged citizens are necessary to sustain our democratic society.
- Public education benefits the entire community and is the shared responsibility of all.
- All schools are accountable to the community.
- Shaping and developing character is the shared responsibility of the individual, family, school and community.