October 26, 2018
The Rohwer Halloween Parties and Parade will be held on Wednesday, October 31st. The school parade will start at 1:45. The parade route is being shortened this year due to Wednesday early dismissal. (See Parade Route below). It is with children's safety in mind that only parents who have signed up to volunteer for the Halloween parties attend the classroom parties. Below is our “Everything-you- wanted-to-know-about-Rohwer-Halloween-Parties.”
1. Grade level parties (games and activities) are planned by the room parents.
2. Costumes should come to school in a bag or sack. Children should not wear costumes to school in the morning. Staff will help students put on their costumes prior to the party.
3. We do not have enough restroom space for all students to change into their costume in the privacy of a restroom. Students should be able to put their costume on in their classrooms.
4. Costumes should be age appropriate, no weapons.
5. No face makeup will be used for the school party. It is uncomfortable and disruptive to wear all day. Students will NOT be allowed to put on face paint or hairspray at school.
6. Children do not have to wear costumes but will be asked to join in for the games and snacks.
7. The party is optional. Parents may ask to have children excused from the party (please send a note). If the child leaves for just the party, no absence will be recorded. If a child does not come to school at all, a full day’s absence will be recorded; likewise, if a child leaves at noon, then ½ day absence will be recorded.
8. Be aware, parking will be difficult. No parking on the curb as buses and vans will arrive as usual.
Report cards are being sent home today in Friday folders.
Rohwer Halloween Parade Route
The parade route will be in the Rohwer Drop-off Lane. We ask visitors to please line up on both sides of the drop-off lane and students will walk down the middle of the lane. We will have cones blocking off the entrance and exit to the drop-off lane.
Halloween Lunch Schedule
Our Lunch Schedule on Halloween will be adjusted to allow time for Halloween Parties & Parade. The adjusted lunch times are below:
Kindergarten - 11:15 1st grade - 11:20 2nd grade - 11:45
3rd grade - 11:50 4th grade - 12:15 5th grade - 12:20
Veteran's Day Assembly
Rohwer is hosting a special Veteran’s Day Assembly for our students and honorees on Monday, November 12 at 9:00 AM in the Rohwer Gym.
If your family has someone they wish to honor at this special assembly, please complete the form at this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrKLkxPlg9mid6f8fbJSl5IwJ3PQRWcgQrDkgy9bHOGQzRNw/viewform?c=0&w=1 by Friday, November 2. We would like to read the names of those we honor that have served, or are serving, this country with pride.
We are proud we have so many interested and involved in the service and protection of our country. Due to the size of our gym and our student body population, we ask that only our students and those being honored participate in this great event.
Grab N Go Breakfast is served everyday from 8:15 - 8:25 am
Breakfast price - $1.45
Student Lunch price - $2.65
Milk only price - $0.45
Milk cannot be charged to accounts with a zero or negative balance.
Adult Lunch price - $3.60
Milk and Fruit/Vegetable Cart available with all lunches.
For more information, visit the district foodservice website at: http://foodservices.mpsomaha.org
PTO Meeting! Our next meeting will be held on November 8th at 6:30 pm in the Rohwer Conference Room. We had great attendance last meeting and would love to keep the momentum going! After the meeting, we’ll continue our brainstorming session at DJ’s Dugout. Don’t be shy, we would LOVE to have you join us! Contact Ann Broyhill-Schram, 402-740-7555, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Erin Oberhauser, 402-677-1883, email@example.com with any questions or items you’d like to see on the agenda!
The Carnival was a HUGE success! Thank you to all our WONDERFUL volunteers for making the event possible and for all your flexibility with the weather. Without volunteers like these, we wouldn’t be able to hold amazing family events. Thank you also to all of our PayBac Partners that donated their time and talents at the carnival.
Junior Achievement classroom volunteers needed! Junior Achievement’s purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. Volunteers receive all of the materials and instructions and everything you will need. It’s just 5 – 30-45 minute sessions with your student’s classroom. You can volunteer at your convenience and schedule.
Still need volunteers for : Krobot – 1st, Slosson – 1st, Sobota – 2nd, Cloyed -3rd, Judernatz -3rd, and Nelson – 5th.
It's Box Top time and now there is a NEW app! Download the ‘Box Top Bonus App’ in Apple Store or Google Play and you can BUY, SCAN, EARN $$money$$ for Rohwer. See the Flyer attached for more information.
TURKEY BINGO!! Friday, November 9, 2018 6:30 – 8:30 pm Rohwer gyms. Win one of 20 chances (10 chances in each gym) of a turkey from HyVee or a Village Inn pie. Free event and free popcorn and water served. RSVP form is included in your Friday Folder as well as attached. We will also have a 50/50 raffle for $5 per ticket – purchase a $5 ticket and the winning ticket drawn will keep 50% of the pot and Rohwer will keep the other 50%.
BOOK FAIR! Scholastic Book Fair will run before and after school Wednesday, November 7th through Friday, November 9th. Stop by the book fair before Turkey Bingo for all your favorite reads! Volunteers are needed to work time slots. Here is the Sign-Up Genius link to volunteer for the Book Fair. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0b4da5a928a64-rohwer1
Donation Drive! It is the last week to support Rohwer PTO for all of the Art Initiatives and teacher support. Donations are welcome all year but the drive will end October 31. Congratulations to 2nd Grade on winning the Ice Cream Party during Donation Drive Spirit Week. We appreciate every one whom has contributed so far! We are currently at $16,259.59 of our $19,000 goal. Donations may be made electronically through PayPal by sending funds to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Forms and Flyers
Rohwer Elementary School guarantees a world-class education where each student develops and applies superior academic and life skills necessary to maximize individual excellence through:
- A safe, respectful, inclusive, and nurturing environment fostering responsible citizenship
- Effective and diverse practices and opportunities that challenge and engage each student
- Collaboration among the entire Rohwer community utilizing our unique strengths