January 26, 2018
From the Principal & Rohwer Staff
It's hard to believe that February is almost here. Conferences are scheduled for Monday, February 12 and Tuesday, February 13th from 4:15 - 8:00 and Thursday, February 15th from 12:30 - 4:00. During February conferences, classroom teachers will be able to update you on your child's growth as measured by the MAP assessment as well as provide valuable information on how you can partner with your child's teacher to help your child achieve academic and social/emotional success. Please utilize Pick-a-Time to sign up for your child's conference time. Instructions for how to access Pick-a-Time are included in this newsletter.
There will be no school for students on Thursday, February 15th, Friday, February 16th, and Monday, February 19th.
We want to thank all of our families for keeping their children home when they have been sick. It helps us prevent the spread of illness to others.
We are excited to announce that Dr. Courtney Manzitto (Rohwer Administrative Intern) has been selected as the Principal of Wheeler Elementary in Millard Public Schools for the 2018-19 school year. We are going to miss Courtney tremendously and are so grateful for the positive impact she has made at Rohwer. Wheeler is very lucky to have her!
Let's Get Exact Path Poppin'!
2nd - 5th grade students have the opportunity to utilize Exact Path, an online adaptive instructional program aligned with their MAP goals. Each month classroom teachers will establish a grade level goal for students to achieve. If students achieve their goal, they have the opportunity to earn an extra recess and other incentives toward our End of Year school party. Students can utilize Exact Path at school and at home. For more information regarding Exact Path, please speak with your child or your child's classroom teacher. There is an additional flyer with more information included in the newsletter this month.
Please help us keep the flow of traffic moving in and out of the Rohwer parking lot:
- Take turns entering the parking lot from west bound and east bound traffic on F Street. Westbound traffic gets backed up on the hill of F street if we do not take turns entering the parking lot.
- Always turn right when exiting the Rohwer parking lot during morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up times.
- Please pull your vehicle up next to the curb when dropping off students and have them exit on the passenger side of the vehicle.
- Follow the Rohwer Traffic Expectations. The main entrance is used for Kindergarten students and siblings, Special Education buses, daycare vans, Bay Wood, option students, and ACP students. Dickinson's Landing and 178th Street are available for student's not in the above categories.
Spotlight on 5th grade
Dancing Classrooms is off and running for our 5th grade students. This is such an amazing opportunity supported by the Rohwer PTO that teaches students ballroom dancing. It is so much fun to observe our students learning the Cha-Cha, Rhumba, Foxtrot, and many more dances.
Lunch Menu (Monday, Jan 29 - Friday, Feb. 9 )
Grab N Go Breakfast is served everyday from 8:15 - 8:25 am
Breakfast price - $1.40
Student Lunch price - $2.55
Milk only price - $0.45
Milk cannot be charged to accounts with a zero or negative balance.
Adult Lunch price - $3.45
Milk and Fruit/Vegetable Cart available with all lunches.
For more information, visit the district foodservice website at: http://foodservices.mpsomaha.org
Forms and Flyers
Exact Path 2nd - 5th grade students
Rohwer Parent Teacher Conferences Scheduling
The deadline is here for ordering your 2017-18 Yearbook. Yearbooks will be delivered in May for students to have on Signing Day to collect autographs! There will be limited stock on hand in May so purchase now, so you don't miss out!
Rohwer Elementary School guarantees a world-class education where each student develops and applies superior academic and life skills necessary to maximize individual excellence through:
- A safe, respectful, inclusive, and nurturing environment fostering responsible citizenship
- Effective and diverse practices and opportunities that challenge and engage each student
- Collaboration among the entire Rohwer community utilizing our unique strengths